Help!

izemmom

I am on the Great Strides committee for one of the walks we participate in. It is this weekend, May 2.

In the past, the walk has been very impersonal. YOu register, you sit around until the walk starts, you walk with your team, you eat and leave. No interaction, no "feel good" stuff. Consequently, I think, we have a hard time getting teams to come back consistently year after year.

I'm trying to personalize it a bit this year. One thing I'm doing is putting up a big board with the words "I'm Walking For..." on it. Walkers are asked to bring pictures of their loved ones or to just sign the board. I'd love to feature some of our members and kids. If you'd like to share, please e-mail me a pic at tdraxler@yahoo.com.

Also, if anyone could write a quick "Thank you for walking" letter. Just a note explaining why CF fundraising is important to you...that would be great, too.

izemmom

I am on the Great Strides committee for one of the walks we participate in. It is this weekend, May 2.

In the past, the walk has been very impersonal. YOu register, you sit around until the walk starts, you walk with your team, you eat and leave. No interaction, no "feel good" stuff. Consequently, I think, we have a hard time getting teams to come back consistently year after year.

I'm trying to personalize it a bit this year. One thing I'm doing is putting up a big board with the words "I'm Walking For..." on it. Walkers are asked to bring pictures of their loved ones or to just sign the board. I'd love to feature some of our members and kids. If you'd like to share, please e-mail me a pic at tdraxler@yahoo.com.

Also, if anyone could write a quick "Thank you for walking" letter. Just a note explaining why CF fundraising is important to you...that would be great, too.

izemmom

izemmom

izemmom

<br />
<br />In the past, the walk has been very impersonal. YOu register, you sit around until the walk starts, you walk with your team, you eat and leave. No interaction, no "feel good" stuff. Consequently, I think, we have a hard time getting teams to come back consistently year after year.
<br />
<br />I'm trying to personalize it a bit this year. One thing I'm doing is putting up a big board with the words "I'm Walking For..." on it. Walkers are asked to bring pictures of their loved ones or to just sign the board. I'd love to feature some of our members and kids. If you'd like to share, please e-mail me a pic at tdraxler@yahoo.com.
<br />
<br />Also, if anyone could write a quick "Thank you for walking" letter. Just a note explaining why CF fundraising is important to you...that would be great, too.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
wonder if you couldn't have a small laptop or dvd player and burn some one true media slide shows for people to see when they get to the registration desk. We're finding ours is helping a little bit this year, but we're still having issues with competition with all the other walks in our area.

I did email you some photos.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
wonder if you couldn't have a small laptop or dvd player and burn some one true media slide shows for people to see when they get to the registration desk. We're finding ours is helping a little bit this year, but we're still having issues with competition with all the other walks in our area.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
<br />
<br />I did email you some photos.

M

Mommafirst

Tami -- I'll do anything I can to help you. I'm swamped with end of the school year stuff, but I'll try and get a letter and picture to you in the next few days.

This year we had buttons printed with Alyssas face and our team name/year. I was thinking that maybe next year we could organize all the teams from this site so that we can exchange buttons. I'd be proud to wear a button of all those on this site that make one, as when I walk I'm walking for Alyssa, and Max, and Emily, and Weston, and ALL the adults and kids on this site (or not) with CF.

M

Mommafirst

Tami -- I'll do anything I can to help you. I'm swamped with end of the school year stuff, but I'll try and get a letter and picture to you in the next few days.

This year we had buttons printed with Alyssas face and our team name/year. I was thinking that maybe next year we could organize all the teams from this site so that we can exchange buttons. I'd be proud to wear a button of all those on this site that make one, as when I walk I'm walking for Alyssa, and Max, and Emily, and Weston, and ALL the adults and kids on this site (or not) with CF.

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

<br />
<br />This year we had buttons printed with Alyssas face and our team name/year. I was thinking that maybe next year we could organize all the teams from this site so that we can exchange buttons. I'd be proud to wear a button of all those on this site that make one, as when I walk I'm walking for Alyssa, and Max, and Emily, and Weston, and ALL the adults and kids on this site (or not) with CF.

crickit715

my daughter pic is posted in the gallery....its called "sophie bug"....feel free to copy it and use it!!! good luck!!! God Bless.

crickit715

my daughter pic is posted in the gallery....its called "sophie bug"....feel free to copy it and use it!!! good luck!!! God Bless.

crickit715

crickit715

crickit715