help

marishka

No family history here. It was the one thing we were all hanging onto in those horrible days between test and result. Abby has it, but we are dealing with it. Knowing is better than wondering. Insist they test her for it. The earlier the diagnosis, the better her chances of fighting the symptoms.

marishka

No family history here. It was the one thing we were all hanging onto in those horrible days between test and result. Abby has it, but we are dealing with it. Knowing is better than wondering. Insist they test her for it. The earlier the diagnosis, the better her chances of fighting the symptoms.

Alyssa

Caucasians have a much higher rate of CF -- many of the gene mutations are of European origin.

No family history here either -- many people will report this. In the case of CF most people will say the same "no family history"

Push for testing -- they will almost always start with sweat testing -- if it is anywhere in the 30's or above and they feel it is inconclusive continue to push for full genetic testing

Alyssa

Caucasians have a much higher rate of CF -- many of the gene mutations are of European origin.

No family history here either -- many people will report this. In the case of CF most people will say the same "no family history"

Push for testing -- they will almost always start with sweat testing -- if it is anywhere in the 30's or above and they feel it is inconclusive continue to push for full genetic testing

Alyssa

peasmom

This is my first time on this site and I'm not sure how all this works. I have taken in alot of information since reading these topics. The first thing I think I understand is the SWEAT TEST doesn't seem very accurate, but it sounds like the first thing the MD"S use to diagnosis. My daughter who is 20 months old has chronic lung/sinus infections and we are seeing a allergy/immun spec. on 4/6--should I req more in depth testing right off the bat?

What test do the Doc's usually do along with the sweat test?

peasmom

This is my first time on this site and I'm not sure how all this works. I have taken in alot of information since reading these topics. The first thing I think I understand is the SWEAT TEST doesn't seem very accurate, but it sounds like the first thing the MD"S use to diagnosis. My daughter who is 20 months old has chronic lung/sinus infections and we are seeing a allergy/immun spec. on 4/6--should I req more in depth testing right off the bat?

peasmom

AnD

No family history here, either, before or since, except a great aunt who died when she was 13, but we have no idea if she got sick or had an injury or accident of some kind. Apparently my Grandmother didn't talk about it.

AnD

No family history here, either, before or since, except a great aunt who died when she was 13, but we have no idea if she got sick or had an injury or accident of some kind. Apparently my Grandmother didn't talk about it.

AnD

Rebjane

Super Moderator
No family history of CF here either. I would push for a sweat test and genetic testing to rule out CF. The sweat test the results are back the same day. Any ped can refer you for this test. have the test done at an accredated CF center near you. To find an accredidated CF center you can go to the CF website at www.cff.org. Be pushy, I would even consider calling the CF center myself and speaking with the nurses or Cf doctor there if you are not getting the desired response from the docs you are dealing with. Hopefully it is not CF but it's worthwhile to rule it out and if it is see to start immediate treatment because your child should start to feel better when you do.

Good luck.

Rebjane

Super Moderator
No family history of CF here either. I would push for a sweat test and genetic testing to rule out CF. The sweat test the results are back the same day. Any ped can refer you for this test. have the test done at an accredated CF center near you. To find an accredidated CF center you can go to the CF website at www.cff.org. Be pushy, I would even consider calling the CF center myself and speaking with the nurses or Cf doctor there if you are not getting the desired response from the docs you are dealing with. Hopefully it is not CF but it's worthwhile to rule it out and if it is see to start immediate treatment because your child should start to feel better when you do.

Good luck.

Rebjane

Super Moderator

Good luck.