Help?

NoExcuses

I agree, that's rediculous.

So many people are mixed in race as well (and may not know it).

But really, that's not the point. Get this little girl an Ambry Full Panel genetic test!!!!!!

NoExcuses

But really, that's not the point. Get this little girl an Ambry Full Panel genetic test!!!!!!

NoExcuses

NoExcuses

AnD

A friend of mine was friends with a grandmother who had custody of her granddaughter- who was either half or 3/4 black (I don't remember which) and had cf. That is utterly ridiculous that he said that. What else could he be dismissing? I agree- time for a new doctor!

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.acog.org/from_home/wellness/cf001.htm
">http://www.acog.org/from_home/wellness/cf001.htm
</a>

(dashes, spacing and bold are mine)

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>The Chance of Being a CF Carrier Depending on Race/Ethnicity

Ethnicity/Race Chance of Being a CF Carrier Chance ----(chance)Both Partners Are CF Carriers

European Caucasian, Ashkenazi Jewish 1 in 29 ------------ 1 in 841

Hispanic American 1 in 46 ------------------------------------ 1 in 2,116

<b>African American 1 in 65 --------------------------------------1 in 4,225 </b>

Asian American 1 in 90---------------------------------------- 1 in 8,100

NOTE: If your ethnic/racial group is not listed above, please ask your provider for this information. Also, you may want to mention your ethnic/racial group to your provider to learn about prenatal tests for diseases other than CF. </end quote></div>

AnD

A friend of mine was friends with a grandmother who had custody of her granddaughter- who was either half or 3/4 black (I don't remember which) and had cf. That is utterly ridiculous that he said that. What else could he be dismissing? I agree- time for a new doctor!

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.acog.org/from_home/wellness/cf001.htm
</a>

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>The Chance of Being a CF Carrier Depending on Race/Ethnicity

Ethnicity/Race Chance of Being a CF Carrier Chance ----(chance)Both Partners Are CF Carriers

<b>African American 1 in 65 --------------------------------------1 in 4,225 </b>

NOTE: If your ethnic/racial group is not listed above, please ask your provider for this information. Also, you may want to mention your ethnic/racial group to your provider to learn about prenatal tests for diseases other than CF. </end quote></div>

AnD

</a>

AnD

</a>

AnD

</a>

NOTE: If your ethnic/racial group is not listed above, please ask your provider for this information. Also, you may want to mention your ethnic/racial group to your provider to learn about prenatal tests for diseases other than CF. </end quote>

AnD

</a>

NOTE: If your ethnic/racial group is not listed above, please ask your provider for this information. Also, you may want to mention your ethnic/racial group to your provider to learn about prenatal tests for diseases other than CF. </end quote>

kswitch

not sure what i can really offer as far as names. i know i was diganosed in washington d.c. by a doctor matthews, but that was back in '78. i know that the d.c. hospital was well equipped for cf in its day. i also lived in kent island, maryland, but i'm not sure where i went for care then, i moved from md when i was 5. i'll put a call into my dad tonight and see where i went while we lived there, if we had a clinic close, or if we made the trek to d.c. each time.

kswitch

not sure what i can really offer as far as names. i know i was diganosed in washington d.c. by a doctor matthews, but that was back in '78. i know that the d.c. hospital was well equipped for cf in its day. i also lived in kent island, maryland, but i'm not sure where i went for care then, i moved from md when i was 5. i'll put a call into my dad tonight and see where i went while we lived there, if we had a clinic close, or if we made the trek to d.c. each time.

kswitch

kswitch

kswitch

kswitch

mom2lillian

Some doctors are completely ridiculously uneducated to the possibilities of CF that isnt the 'typical' case.

Please see my blog entitled AMbry Genetics of information on the CF Amplified test.

Definately have them call one of the CF accredited centers and decribed their plight to the director who should either bring htem in for another sweat test and consult or genetic test or refer them to someone who can help.

mom2lillian

Some doctors are completely ridiculously uneducated to the possibilities of CF that isnt the 'typical' case.

Please see my blog entitled AMbry Genetics of information on the CF Amplified test.

Definately have them call one of the CF accredited centers and decribed their plight to the director who should either bring htem in for another sweat test and consult or genetic test or refer them to someone who can help.

mom2lillian

mom2lillian