hemoptasis???

chantelfox

OK so I hear many people talk of this hemoptasis. This is when you cough up blood right? What does it look like...like how much blood are we talking? In the past I have coughed up pure blood, but most of the time when there's blood (every so often) my sputum is just streaked or tinged with blood. It's sorta weird because in the last two months I have coughed up blood streaked/tinged sputum and felt totally fine..not sick feeling whatsoever...any ideas as to what this may mean?

chantelfox

OK so I hear many people talk of this hemoptasis. This is when you cough up blood right? What does it look like...like how much blood are we talking? In the past I have coughed up pure blood, but most of the time when there's blood (every so often) my sputum is just streaked or tinged with blood. It's sorta weird because in the last two months I have coughed up blood streaked/tinged sputum and felt totally fine..not sick feeling whatsoever...any ideas as to what this may mean?

chantelfox

Brad

Hello Chantelfox

I think we all streak from time to time,,,
If You haven't been sick, Your streaking could be just from the change in the weather, if it has gotten cold out where you live.

When I had an hemoptasis, it was mouthsful
of blood at time.
When this happens the main thing to do is
try and keep as calm as You can so your BP
won't go up, this makes the bleed worse,,,,

So Streaking is not that bad, but when I do streak
I keep a close look on everything I bring up;;;

Brad

Hello Chantelfox

If You haven't been sick, Your streaking could be just from the change in the weather, if it has gotten cold out where you live.

of blood at time.

Brad

Hello Chantelfox

of blood at time.

HairGirl

Hemoptysis is coughing up straight blood, it's just that, you cough up blood, hard to explain but every breath you take is blood, you can't control it you have to spit it out, it can range anywhere from one teaspoon to a couple cups. There's plenty of us on here who have experienced severe hemoptysis resulting in being intubated and embolized (they go into your bronchial arteries and clot off the ones they think are bleeding).

If you've been lucky enough to not experience this count your blessings, if you do experience it, like Brad said, stay calm and call your doctor. Sad thing is, nobody knows what causes it.

HairGirl

Hemoptysis is coughing up straight blood, it's just that, you cough up blood, hard to explain but every breath you take is blood, you can't control it you have to spit it out, it can range anywhere from one teaspoon to a couple cups. There's plenty of us on here who have experienced severe hemoptysis resulting in being intubated and embolized (they go into your bronchial arteries and clot off the ones they think are bleeding).

If you've been lucky enough to not experience this count your blessings, if you do experience it, like Brad said, stay calm and call your doctor. Sad thing is, nobody knows what causes it.

HairGirl

chantelfox

ok...then I guess hemoptysis has happened to me...I just didn't know what it was called. It's actually happened about 4 times in the past 7 years...it usually goes way after a few hours (but sputum will be tinged for a day/days). I hate that..feels like I am a fish breathing through water with all the gurgling until it stops. Each time was the beginning of needing IV's.

I am curious about the streaking/tinging of the sputum for no apparent reason. Like today it happened and I feel fine...so weird. I hope it is the weather change like Brad said. It happened about two months ago as well and lasted a couple of days (just tinging and streaking) and I thought that meant I was getting sick..but nope...never got worse..felt fine. Just like now.

chantelfox

ok...then I guess hemoptysis has happened to me...I just didn't know what it was called. It's actually happened about 4 times in the past 7 years...it usually goes way after a few hours (but sputum will be tinged for a day/days). I hate that..feels like I am a fish breathing through water with all the gurgling until it stops. Each time was the beginning of needing IV's.

I am curious about the streaking/tinging of the sputum for no apparent reason. Like today it happened and I feel fine...so weird. I hope it is the weather change like Brad said. It happened about two months ago as well and lasted a couple of days (just tinging and streaking) and I thought that meant I was getting sick..but nope...never got worse..felt fine. Just like now.

chantelfox

Chill4291

When you get your first hemotosis theres no mistaking it, it's like coughing up a big bloood clott.... Its kinda scary the first time, you will deffinelty know it when it happens

Chill4291

When you get your first hemotosis theres no mistaking it, it's like coughing up a big bloood clott.... Its kinda scary the first time, you will deffinelty know it when it happens

Chill4291