Hemoptysis and Hormones

Mallymookcf

i think there needs to be alot of research taking place when it comes to hormones and hemoptysis. i have struggled with hemoptysis for 10 years and 99% of the time when i have hemoptysis i am on my period. i also did it when my hormones surged going into labor. and actually before i even knew i was pregnant i coughed uo blood and obviously wasnt on my period....so i thought " mmmm could this mean i pregnant"...and sure enough i was. it is almost like any sudden change in your hormones can make this happe. Docs will always treat it as an infection for percaution, but they have said, that a women's blood vessels are more brittle and have less lasticity to them during your cycle or ovulation, and that this could contribute to the brittle vessels breaking and causing the bleeds...although keep in myind you may have an infection which may already be messing with that area of blood vessels in your lung and then the hormone surge makes the vessel even more able to break. there has been many women on here that say they too have seen the same correlation between horemones and hemopotysis. you should search for them and read them...it is very interesting, and docs need to research this further. i am on contraceptives that do not allow me to have a period so that my hormones stay more balanced...and so far 11 months and no bleeds... this will be the longest i have gone in 10 years without hemoptysis. whhooooo hoooooo! this makes sense that after orgasming it could do this, especially while your pregnant and the extra volume of blood. hope this helps! goodluck!!and God Bless you and your sweet baby to be!!!

Mallymookcf

i think there needs to be alot of research taking place when it comes to hormones and hemoptysis. i have struggled with hemoptysis for 10 years and 99% of the time when i have hemoptysis i am on my period. i also did it when my hormones surged going into labor. and actually before i even knew i was pregnant i coughed uo blood and obviously wasnt on my period....so i thought " mmmm could this mean i pregnant"...and sure enough i was. it is almost like any sudden change in your hormones can make this happe. Docs will always treat it as an infection for percaution, but they have said, that a women's blood vessels are more brittle and have less lasticity to them during your cycle or ovulation, and that this could contribute to the brittle vessels breaking and causing the bleeds...although keep in myind you may have an infection which may already be messing with that area of blood vessels in your lung and then the hormone surge makes the vessel even more able to break. there has been many women on here that say they too have seen the same correlation between horemones and hemopotysis. you should search for them and read them...it is very interesting, and docs need to research this further. i am on contraceptives that do not allow me to have a period so that my hormones stay more balanced...and so far 11 months and no bleeds... this will be the longest i have gone in 10 years without hemoptysis. whhooooo hoooooo! this makes sense that after orgasming it could do this, especially while your pregnant and the extra volume of blood. hope this helps! goodluck!!and God Bless you and your sweet baby to be!!!

Mallymookcf