Hemoptysis Right After Discharge

ryry11

I just coughed up about four tissues full (no clue how much) of pure blood. I was discharged after two weeks this morning. I was on Tobra and Ceftaz. I'm on Lovenox (blood thinner) for a clot. It has lessened now and is every time I cough but not nearly as much. It is still pure, no sputum.
I went over a mountain pass this morning and went from a humid to a dry climate.
So, question: when should I calmly freak out...? I was admitted because of hemoptysis. My PFTs are very high. I culture pseudo, staph and sometimes steno. The only times I have ever had hemop it ended in admission.
I'm worried and scared.

T

TonyaH

That is tricky. Are you still on iv antibiobics? My son is a bleeder, and we always have him on vitamin K (mephyton) when he is on ivs. But with your blood clot, that's out of the question.

I hope things have continued to settle down for you and the bleeding has subsided.

ryry11

Hi,
I'm no longer on IVs. I just did my nebs and vest for the first time since it subsided on Friday morning (my clinic policy is 48 hours with no vest/DNase/HTS) and started coughing up blood streaked sputum again. It's fresh stuff again.
I don't know what to do; I feel sick, so I want to do my nebs, but when I do I start having a bleed. When I have a bleed, I can't do my nebs.
Thanks for the advice; we had me on K in the hospital before I got the clot. It helped after about four days.
Hope your son is doing well!
Mariah

bcl0328

happened to me last year. finished 2 weeks of IVs, coughed up a ton of blood. the second time it was so bad i called 911 and was flown to a hospital where i got an embolization.

JustDucky

I would talk to the clinic for sure, especially since you are on blood thinners. If it doesn't stop, then I would just go to the ER..

I hope everything works out, sucks that the bleeding is back so quickly after admission..
Jenn 40 wCF