high altitude climbing

jdubbs

Assuming you have minimal lung disease, I don't see why not. I have mild disease and can still ski at 10,000 feet. Of course this is going DOWNHILL, but I can still hike to places lifts don't go if I'm sufficiently motivated. I do a fair amount of cardio in preparation for any ski trip I go on. In fact, I use ski trips as a way to motivate me through the tedious time on the bike or treadmill that I have to do to keep the lungs clear. Of course, be very careful when first starting out - pick low elevations, easy climbs, and gradually increase.

jdubbs

Assuming you have minimal lung disease, I don't see why not. I have mild disease and can still ski at 10,000 feet. Of course this is going DOWNHILL, but I can still hike to places lifts don't go if I'm sufficiently motivated. I do a fair amount of cardio in preparation for any ski trip I go on. In fact, I use ski trips as a way to motivate me through the tedious time on the bike or treadmill that I have to do to keep the lungs clear. Of course, be very careful when first starting out - pick low elevations, easy climbs, and gradually increase.

jdubbs

jdubbs

jdubbs

J

jstock1

I wouldn't worry. I've been to 25,000 ft without oxygen and I didn't have a problem other than the usual ones that everyone without CF has (passing out in 2-5 minutes without oxygen) haha

J

jstock1

I wouldn't worry. I've been to 25,000 ft without oxygen and I didn't have a problem other than the usual ones that everyone without CF has (passing out in 2-5 minutes without oxygen) haha

J

jstock1

J

jstock1

J

jstock1

CFkarmakid

I have Cf and I was thinking of ways I could raise money for Cf charity's or something like that. I thought it would be a cool concept for a Cfer climbing mountains to raise money for Cf....what do you guys think..?

P.s my lung is like 110, so I think I could do small mountains then move my way up or something

CFkarmakid

I have Cf and I was thinking of ways I could raise money for Cf charity's or something like that. I thought it would be a cool concept for a Cfer climbing mountains to raise money for Cf....what do you guys think..?

P.s my lung is like 110, so I think I could do small mountains then move my way up or something

CFkarmakid

CFkarmakid

CFkarmakid

<br />
<br />P.s my lung is like 110, so I think I could do small mountains then move my way up or something