High Blood Pressure

carmick

Since transplant, my blood pressure has shot up, which I know is a pretty common side effect of <span class="J-JK9eJ-PJVNOc">Prograf. <span class="J-JK9eJ-PJVNOc">Pre-transplant, I was in the nice, low 105/65 range. Now I'm averaging around 130/85. My doctor doesn't think I should start taking a blood pressure med until my systolic is consistently over 140, which is fine with me. What can I do to bring/keep it down without <span class="J-JK9eJ-PJVNOc">meds? I've cut back on salt a little. Is it just a matter of cutting back more or can I do something else?Does your <span class="J-JK9eJ-PJVNOc">BP keep going up over time the longer you are on the <span class="J-JK9eJ-PJVNOc">immunosuppressants or does it stabilize?

carmick

Since transplant, my blood pressure has shot up, which I know is a pretty common side effect of <span class="J-JK9eJ-PJVNOc">Prograf. <span class="J-JK9eJ-PJVNOc">Pre-transplant, I was in the nice, low 105/65 range. Now I'm averaging around 130/85. My doctor doesn't think I should start taking a blood pressure med until my systolic is consistently over 140, which is fine with me. What can I do to bring/keep it down without <span class="J-JK9eJ-PJVNOc">meds? I've cut back on salt a little. Is it just a matter of cutting back more or can I do something else?Does your <span class="J-JK9eJ-PJVNOc">BP keep going up over time the longer you are on the <span class="J-JK9eJ-PJVNOc">immunosuppressants or does it stabilize?

Angel2393

Hey, after my transplant I got constant headaches due to my high blood presure-- this was about 2 months out of transplant. One time I even went in for a bronch and I actualy had a seizure because my BP was to high. Immediatly they put me on Norvasc 5 mg x daily-- and its 5 years later and im doing amazing...never bad happened again..and in fact now my BP is realy low, so they are prob gonna take me off of it.