high blood sugar in the little man

martysmom

Thank you so much Harriet. I have always been amazed by my child's vaccuum like abilities. The secretary upset me but I am over it now. She was just not well informed and had no mouth filter. The endo doctor is suppose to be really good and works with our CF doc. We are just going to get him checked out. The doctor has prescribed prevacid, but I think we might try a different enzyme brand if this keeps up. I just can't believe that the non FDA approved enzyme is the one that works!!!! Crazy world!
<br />Hope everyone is doing well today!!

Mom2Max

I totally agree with trying a new enzyme. Max had been on Ultrase 12 (3 per meal). When it was pulled off the market, we tried Creon (12). We started with 3 per meal, at which time Max complained almost daily of stomach aches and began having 3-4 loose, greasy diapers per day. We upped the dosage to 4 per meal and were met with the same results. Once we switched to Zenpep (15) at 2 per meal, his bm's have returned to normal and he no longer complains of tummy pain. I've heard that Ultrase may be available in the near future, but at this point, I'm pretty happy with Zenpep.

I hope that you find out what works best with your little one and that you can get his blood sugar under control.

Mom2Max

I totally agree with trying a new enzyme. Max had been on Ultrase 12 (3 per meal). When it was pulled off the market, we tried Creon (12). We started with 3 per meal, at which time Max complained almost daily of stomach aches and began having 3-4 loose, greasy diapers per day. We upped the dosage to 4 per meal and were met with the same results. Once we switched to Zenpep (15) at 2 per meal, his bm's have returned to normal and he no longer complains of tummy pain. I've heard that Ultrase may be available in the near future, but at this point, I'm pretty happy with Zenpep.

I hope that you find out what works best with your little one and that you can get his blood sugar under control.

Mom2Max

<br />
<br />I hope that you find out what works best with your little one and that you can get his blood sugar under control.

hmw

For those waiting on Ultrase- from the Axcan website, <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.axcan.com/patient_product_qa.php?lang=1">Latest Q&A re. Ultrase & Viokase </a> dated August 12th.

Ultrase & Viokase are manufactured by Axcan Pharma; Zenpep is made by Eurand Pharmaceuticals.

hmw

For those waiting on Ultrase- from the Axcan website, <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.axcan.com/patient_product_qa.php?lang=1">Latest Q&A re. Ultrase & Viokase </a> dated August 12th.

Ultrase & Viokase are manufactured by Axcan Pharma; Zenpep is made by Eurand Pharmaceuticals.

hmw

<br />
<br />Ultrase & Viokase are manufactured by Axcan Pharma; Zenpep is made by Eurand Pharmaceuticals.