High Calprotectin levels in stool?

antonette1279

Hello. My son is currently undergoing a million tests to determine if he in fact has CF,.We are waiting on the genetic test results to come back but in the mean time his stool results came back showing high calprotectin (296.1) Is this something seen in babies with CF...Thanks

antonette1279

Hello. My son is currently undergoing a million tests to determine if he in fact has CF,.We are waiting on the genetic test results to come back but in the mean time his stool results came back showing high calprotectin (296.1) Is this something seen in babies with CF...Thanks

antonette1279

antonette1279

antonette1279

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
I believe that's a test for inflammatory bowel disease. Don't believe DS has ever been tested for it.

Have they done an fecal fat test to determine if he needs digestive enzymes for fats & proteins...?

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
I believe that's a test for inflammatory bowel disease. Don't believe DS has ever been tested for it.

Have they done an fecal fat test to determine if he needs digestive enzymes for fats & proteins...?

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
<br />
<br />Have they done an fecal fat test to determine if he needs digestive enzymes for fats & proteins...?

antonette1279

Honestly I don't know what they tested for! They did about 6 or 7 stool tests and none of the other ones are back as of now. I am a nervous wreck waiting for these results! They did the genetic test for CF and I heard that the inflammation is common in kids with CF....I just wish I had the results back!

antonette1279

Honestly I don't know what they tested for! They did about 6 or 7 stool tests and none of the other ones are back as of now. I am a nervous wreck waiting for these results! They did the genetic test for CF and I heard that the inflammation is common in kids with CF....I just wish I had the results back!

antonette1279

antonette1279

antonette1279