Himalyan Salt Lamps

awagner

Does anyone have a Himalayan Salt lamp in their home? I am interested if you have noticed any differnece in your health?

D

Dank

My girlfriend bought me one for Christmas and I noticed my chest felt tighter, and I was getting some pain when breathing. I was also on the verge of becoming ill and sick, which I got over - but gave the salt lamp away. Later after feeling better I went over to a friends for a few hours to hang out and play board games who had one on in her bedroom, and I felt the same tightening of my chest. I'm not sure if it's just me or not, maybe someone else has a better experience with it. I was hopeful at first, but not so much anymore.

prabincr

How do Salt Lamps work?

Salt Crystal is naturally hygroscopic absorbing water molecules from the air. You will notice if your salt lamp remains unlit for long periods of time, it will begin to "cry" The heat from a small light bulb keeps these beautiful crystals dry and in turn releases a negative ions (the healthy ones found in abundance in places like oceans, waterfalls, even your shower) into the air.

Very simply, an ion is an atom or molecule that has gained or lost an electron. Both positive and negative ions exist in the air: positive air ions are generally molecules of carbon dioxide that have lost an electron, whereas a negative air ion is generally a molecule of oxygen that has gained an electron. Negative ions in the air attract particles of pollution and give them a negative charge, making them seek an electrical “ground,” and causing them to fall harmlessly to the floor. It stands to reason that we want to be surrounded by negative ions as a way of protecting our health.

If you want to know more about Himalayan Salt lamps, or buy one you may want to visit Himalayan Salt Lamps

sumon012

The recent ionizing devices trend, which seemingly boost health by releasing negatively-charged particles into the air stems from the far East.

As is often the case with new technology, Japan has been leading the way. Health fears from the SARS pandemic and the Fukushima nuclear disaster have led to a boom in the popularity of negative-ion generators, believed to purify the air.
These negative ions are said to neutralize electromagnetic radiation from household electronics, and even prevent the build-up of static electricity.
What’s more is that the heat from the bulb inside that warms up the lamp releases negative ions. And there are the health-boosting effects of salt itself too.

for more detail:

http://www.jpost.com/PromoContent/5-Amazing-Himalayan-Salt-Lamps-You-Can-Buy-Right-Now-441101