Hives on PICC scars

J

jessykt

This is weird! Every so often I get itchy, red hives JUST on my picc line scars. I have had allergic reations before, and this isn't it. They just appear suddenly on a scar and after awhile go away. Has anyone had this happen before?

I have been sick for about a month now and read a tiny bit about the connection between the immune system and hives and wonder if being sick is making this happen? Is scar tissue different and maybe more susceptible while I'm sick?

Such a weird thing to happen...any ideas?

Jessy

J

jessykt

This is weird! Every so often I get itchy, red hives JUST on my picc line scars. I have had allergic reations before, and this isn't it. They just appear suddenly on a scar and after awhile go away. Has anyone had this happen before?

I have been sick for about a month now and read a tiny bit about the connection between the immune system and hives and wonder if being sick is making this happen? Is scar tissue different and maybe more susceptible while I'm sick?

Such a weird thing to happen...any ideas?

Jessy

abnormal

How old is the PICC scars? Mine have itched for time to time and I have a few that have that done for several years after removal but never any hives...

abnormal

How old is the PICC scars? Mine have itched for time to time and I have a few that have that done for several years after removal but never any hives...

haushinka2037

I've had that happen before! I had a mild infection at the PICC site (from my last clean out - 2008) and now, occasionally, depending on my stress level or the weather, I get a small hive on the site. I don't have any ideas, though. :/

haushinka2037

I've had that happen before! I had a mild infection at the PICC site (from my last clean out - 2008) and now, occasionally, depending on my stress level or the weather, I get a small hive on the site. I don't have any ideas, though. :/

S

semperfiohana

this has happened to me too. it's almost like a mosquito bite. i've asked my doctor before and didn't get an answer as to what causes it.

S

semperfiohana

this has happened to me too. it's almost like a mosquito bite. i've asked my doctor before and didn't get an answer as to what causes it.

This happened tO my dd from her last picc. She got an infection and about 3 months later she developed a hive from it. Three mOnths after that it happened again. To jessy funny you she bring up that correlation between immune system and hives. After receiving her flu shot she broke out in hives off and on for three days.

Gina mom to Sophia 4w/cf Peter & Gavin 2w/cf df508 & py849x

This happened tO my dd from her last picc. She got an infection and about 3 months later she developed a hive from it. Three mOnths after that it happened again. To jessy funny you she bring up that correlation between immune system and hives. After receiving her flu shot she broke out in hives off and on for three days.

Gina mom to Sophia 4w/cf Peter & Gavin 2w/cf df508 & py849x

J

jessykt

The scars are old; my last picc was June 2010. I didn't have any infection of the line while I had them in (just a sensitivity to the tape I think). It does look like a mosquito bite and I wonder about the stress of being sick (I usually just know when to be hospitalized-I just call them up and they'll admit me without an appt first-but I'm really on the fence about going this time).

As far as your daughter, Gina, the flu shot hives sounds like a reaction to the virus. Good luck to you...I'm a mom and can't imagine watching my little ones suffer through some of the things we go through!!

J

jessykt

The scars are old; my last picc was June 2010. I didn't have any infection of the line while I had them in (just a sensitivity to the tape I think). It does look like a mosquito bite and I wonder about the stress of being sick (I usually just know when to be hospitalized-I just call them up and they'll admit me without an appt first-but I'm really on the fence about going this time).

As far as your daughter, Gina, the flu shot hives sounds like a reaction to the virus. Good luck to you...I'm a mom and can't imagine watching my little ones suffer through some of the things we go through!!

angelsmom

The scar from my daughter's only picc (almost two years ago) raises up from time to time too. We asked her doc about it and she had never heard of this happening before. Obviously, from all of the posts here, it happens frequently! LOL My daughter's gets a little itchy but it has never spread or turned into anything worse. It does make me worry a little about any future piccs though.

angelsmom

The scar from my daughter's only picc (almost two years ago) raises up from time to time too. We asked her doc about it and she had never heard of this happening before. Obviously, from all of the posts here, it happens frequently! LOL My daughter's gets a little itchy but it has never spread or turned into anything worse. It does make me worry a little about any future piccs though.

J

jessykt

My nurse thinks it's related to allergies (but I'm allergic only to certain medications and haven't had any of those). So I really don't have anything to tell you all!

J

jessykt

My nurse thinks it's related to allergies (but I'm allergic only to certain medications and haven't had any of those). So I really don't have anything to tell you all!