Hoseless CPT vest

Im a Registered Respiratory Therapist for over 22 years when cpt was done by hand. I've had some people come to me and ask me what I thought about a hoseless chest physiotherapy vest that's brand new!!! It's amazing you can go on vacation to the restroom to the park you can get positional for postural drainage I'm just emotional about it. because of it I've gotten even more involved in cystic fibrosis including becoming an advocate for increased government funding. this is covered by insurance anybody have any questions? Nothing beats this. Doctors must get interested!

jbrandyn

Funny, I was just talking to the Afflo rep in St. Louis today about how they can reach us outside doctor's offices.

ecsnut

The Afflo Vest? Uggh 10 pounds and it's not covered by insurance...and it did not work on getting the secretions up...hard for me being so small.

Not working? Hmmm. Just the physics behind the device would indicate its effectiveness so please tell me more? are you using medication nebulizer? Sounds like you may need a better fitting and a way to thin your secretions. It is covered. That's a fact so did you buy yours? I'm asking as a therapist not a rep. I want to help you. As far as the weight ten pounds could seem a lot but just the aspect of postural drainage would make up for that because you'd be laying down. I'd need to know specific routines to help you increase effectiveness

jaimers

Super Moderator
I think someone else mentioned on another thread that they were denied insurance coverage for the Aflovest because they had the hillrom vest already covered. I wonder if they would cover it if you didn't have another airway clearance device already?

ecsnut

I love my Smartvest...had had it for years...the battery on that other vest is very expensive and their warranty is not good. I have a lifetime warranty on my device and I take it wherever I go. I can do my neb treatment while using it. And I just got my new upgrade. So no interest in chaning....alot of people do not like it. My doctor thinks it junk. Sorry.

Your warranty info isn't accurate. It's awesome. I'll look in to that for you. As far as the therapy, I'd get a respiratory therapist to show you how to use the Afflovest. I think you are missing out! There are demonstrations coming to areas rapidly to allow many to decide what they think. You can do everything you mentioned plus more with afflovest

jbrandyn

I got the Afflo through SSI and my student health insurance plan. It was covered because I have not gotten a new vest in over 5 years and the tech is new so mine was covered. It is a lot more comfortable for me because the old vests used air compression and oscillation which hurt my port, g-tube, and belly. The Afflo is heavy, but it is much more comfortable for me, as in I actually use it, since it does not use compression. Then I supplement with whichever blowing device I have nearby, I keep a flutter and coronet on the mess that is my desk.

ecsnut

I feel like you no more plugs are very pushy. I was instructed how to use my vest by an Rt... and am very happy. Do you have lung disease yourself.. if you don't then you cannot relate to what we do. Wait till you have to replace that battery. I am covered for life in my warrenty. So please stop trying to convince me I am wrong and stop selling that affluent on here. If a person has one....great .. I want to hear their experiences. And as long as they are being helped by their therapy... that is the bottom line. Happy sunday.

G

GoryLori

I am in a 90 day trial of the Afflo now. I am with my family on Vacation and I brought
the Afflo with me--of course! YES-- it is VERY heavy and my family all said that as I
i allowed them all to try it on and feel what it is like. They all thought it was a very good
beating!! My insurance will rent it but NOT buy it outright. I had a Vest 12 years ago but
noting in the last 5 years on record by my insurance company, so they agreed to a monthly
rental. The button clips are VERY HARD to loosen up when I want to in-snap the battery or
hand controller. I WAS fitted and trained by a Resp Tech. I LOVE the 30Hertz frequency
and I get max effect for treatments from 30 mins to 60 mins. I wish the carry case was better:
make it akin to the Hill-Rom Vest case: on wheels with a retractable handle for airline
travels. I enjoy having no hoses!! Nothing to pop off and deflate any more! That's my input
thus far. More to follow....

ecsnut

My Smartvest has one hose...and no buckles...only velcro...since I also have RA. I am probably older than you but again the weight of it was bad for me. So I appreciate the feedback of those who use it...not a sales pitch. Thanks