hospital stays

JennifersHope

I think we all are in the same boat, we want someone to be there, or least want to be there but feel like a burdan.. I am always, always, always feeling like a burden, I will deny being sick, deny when I need to go to the hospital and deny whatever, just so I don't have to bother anyone.
<br />
<br />I hate being in the hospital by myself, during the week it is more managable but weekends are more lonely..
<br />
<br />Thankfully we have computers that we can reach out to others with...

flossymay

I've drove myself to the hospital before. And I have been admitted by myself. But I've never stayed a night by myself. I've spent days by myself, due to everybody having to work. I can see why you would feel lonely. I would too. We are big girls, and take care of ourselfs. but the way i feel about it is, it's not fair that we have to be stuck in the hospital so much. we atleast shouldnt have to go through it alone. It makes me feel bad, like Im being kind of selfish b/c i always want someone to stay with me. I just really would hate to go through it all alone. This last time i was in (16 mths ago!!) was a nightmare. Me and My boyfriend had broke up, and he was out of state at the time. So it was just my mom and dad to stay with me. Mostly my mom b/c my dad works. Usually its between my boyfriend, mom and dad that stays with me. So i guess thats pretty good.
As for people visiting. I hardly ever get that. Its become normal for everybody.

flossymay

I've drove myself to the hospital before. And I have been admitted by myself. But I've never stayed a night by myself. I've spent days by myself, due to everybody having to work. I can see why you would feel lonely. I would too. We are big girls, and take care of ourselfs. but the way i feel about it is, it's not fair that we have to be stuck in the hospital so much. we atleast shouldnt have to go through it alone. It makes me feel bad, like Im being kind of selfish b/c i always want someone to stay with me. I just really would hate to go through it all alone. This last time i was in (16 mths ago!!) was a nightmare. Me and My boyfriend had broke up, and he was out of state at the time. So it was just my mom and dad to stay with me. Mostly my mom b/c my dad works. Usually its between my boyfriend, mom and dad that stays with me. So i guess thats pretty good.
As for people visiting. I hardly ever get that. Its become normal for everybody.

flossymay

<br />As for people visiting. I hardly ever get that. Its become normal for everybody.

dukeblue1206

I almost always try to be the one to drive myself to the hospital for my stays. My fiancee likes to do it but I am so independent that I try to make sure I do it. I even drove myself 2 hours to where my clinic hospital is to be admitted while I was running 103 fever. Probably not the smartest thing but I can be hard headed sometimes. I guess I just try to treat it like another day so as to not be a burden to anyone. I know I am not a burden to anyone because of my CF but it is just the way I am. Maybe it is just my way of making sure CF does not feel like it is winning!!

dukeblue1206

I almost always try to be the one to drive myself to the hospital for my stays. My fiancee likes to do it but I am so independent that I try to make sure I do it. I even drove myself 2 hours to where my clinic hospital is to be admitted while I was running 103 fever. Probably not the smartest thing but I can be hard headed sometimes. I guess I just try to treat it like another day so as to not be a burden to anyone. I know I am not a burden to anyone because of my CF but it is just the way I am. Maybe it is just my way of making sure CF does not feel like it is winning!!

dukeblue1206

lilywing

I think people (family and friends) get used to the fact that we are so independent, and we're so used to the routine of it all. I've been in that situation you describe, and I have felt so alone and sad, not because I was alone, but because it's not new, and it's not going to stop...this is my reality. I wish someone was there with me to make me feel like it isn't so routine, like that's just the way it is. I think it's hard for people to comprehend what we go through. Even though we have to do it, it's still not cool.

lilywing

I think people (family and friends) get used to the fact that we are so independent, and we're so used to the routine of it all. I've been in that situation you describe, and I have felt so alone and sad, not because I was alone, but because it's not new, and it's not going to stop...this is my reality. I wish someone was there with me to make me feel like it isn't so routine, like that's just the way it is. I think it's hard for people to comprehend what we go through. Even though we have to do it, it's still not cool.

lilywing

ej0820

thanks guys.

after reading your posts, I'm glad I'm not the only one to feel this way, and I'm glad to read other perspectives on the situation.

kelly, you hit the nail right on the head, though. It's just so routine that not having someone with me, at least to see me get settled in ok, made it feel that much crappier!

At the time I drove myself, I, too, was doing it with a 102* fever. I can see, though, how driving yourself and settling in without anyone there could make it feel like a regular day and make you feel less different or needy...but when I'm sick, I want more help, lol!

ej0820

thanks guys.

after reading your posts, I'm glad I'm not the only one to feel this way, and I'm glad to read other perspectives on the situation.

kelly, you hit the nail right on the head, though. It's just so routine that not having someone with me, at least to see me get settled in ok, made it feel that much crappier!

At the time I drove myself, I, too, was doing it with a 102* fever. I can see, though, how driving yourself and settling in without anyone there could make it feel like a regular day and make you feel less different or needy...but when I'm sick, I want more help, lol!

ej0820

thanks guys.
<br />
<br />after reading your posts, I'm glad I'm not the only one to feel this way, and I'm glad to read other perspectives on the situation.
<br />
<br />kelly, you hit the nail right on the head, though. It's just so routine that not having someone with me, at least to see me get settled in ok, made it feel that much crappier!
<br />
<br />At the time I drove myself, I, too, was doing it with a 102* fever. I can see, though, how driving yourself and settling in without anyone there could make it feel like a regular day and make you feel less different or needy...but when I'm sick, I want more help, lol!