Hospital Tune-ups

Giggles

So what do you all think of this? I go in for a tune up every year in the fall. I have chronic Pseudo and usually culture other stuff too, NO staph though. I think I would probably benefit every 6 months but you all know how much it sucks so I have not done it yet. I can not imagine every 3 months.

What do you think? I mean to try to keep the infection low or non-existent would be great and one could live longer.

Jennifer 35 years old with CF and CFRD

Emily65Roses

My clinic doesn't do it that way. I just go on IVs if something is acting up. Though from what Amy said, it sounds like it might have its benefits. *shrug*

Emily65Roses

My clinic doesn't do it that way. I just go on IVs if something is acting up. Though from what Amy said, it sounds like it might have its benefits. *shrug*

Emily65Roses

mistylavon

I read the article the sakasuka posted. It's very interesting. As far as the 4x/year antibiotics tune-up, to me it sounds like that's only if you have chronic PA. They also go in for monthly tune-ups. I could not image taking my daughter in every month, it's hard enough every 3 months. It's such an emotional ordeal.

Misty

mistylavon

I read the article the sakasuka posted. It's very interesting. As far as the 4x/year antibiotics tune-up, to me it sounds like that's only if you have chronic PA. They also go in for monthly tune-ups. I could not image taking my daughter in every month, it's hard enough every 3 months. It's such an emotional ordeal.

Misty

mistylavon

Misty

NoExcuses

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>mistylavon</b></i>

to me it sounds like that's only if you have chronic PA. </end quote></div>

which is the majority of CFers.....

NoExcuses

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>mistylavon</b></i>

NoExcuses

mom2lillian

6) Achromobacter xylosoxidans infection

I have never heard of the above can anyone tell me a bit about it?

As an adult I have never had a culture not show bacteria it sounded like they strive to have cultures showing nothing, I didnt even know that was possible? AM I reading this correctly?

mom2lillian

As an adult I have never had a culture not show bacteria it sounded like they strive to have cultures showing nothing, I didnt even know that was possible? AM I reading this correctly?

mom2lillian

LeneSouthAfrica

Well I've read (and heard) that if you catch the bacteria soon enough, when you acquire it for the first time as a kid, you can wipe it out totally so yes it is apparently possible. The problem is that Cfers have chronic colonisations of bugs that are very clever and very tough, and have been there for years and these are virtually indestructible, but antib's at least keep the infection under control.

LeneSouthAfrica

Well I've read (and heard) that if you catch the bacteria soon enough, when you acquire it for the first time as a kid, you can wipe it out totally so yes it is apparently possible. The problem is that Cfers have chronic colonisations of bugs that are very clever and very tough, and have been there for years and these are virtually indestructible, but antib's at least keep the infection under control.

LeneSouthAfrica