Hospitals

CFGurl16

Well I'm 19 and I orignally came into the hospital with a a fever of 104 and a sinus infection.
Well the fever was coming and going for a week..
So they had me on anti-biotics for that. So when the fevers finally stoped coming and going I still had the sinus infection. So they had me on new meds for that. Then in the course of that i got a lung infection. Which they had to put me on more anti-biotics to get rid of the lung infection. But with all the anti-biotics they had going through me..they end up giving me another infection called Clostridium difficile or "C Diff" which is the way i have to say it cause im not a doctor and i can't pronounce the bigger words. Like the actual name for infections.
But my point is that the very medication that was suposed to be helping really ended up hurting me. And im not exactlly sure how to take it in. I mean it made me sicker than i was before...but on the other hand at least they caught it in time. Cause i read its life-threatening.
But im kind of scared at the same time cause ive been through MRSA and that didn't do anything and they told me that was very serious but i'm doing fine with that.

Thanks for reading.
P.S please make sure you watch when your on anti-biotics, and wash your hands ALOT. The only way to kill the spores that get around is to WASH WITH SOAP AND WARM WATER!!
I mean you should wash your hands anyways but still... you know a little extra wont hurt.

Thanks Again
Samantha

CFGurl16

Well I'm 19 and I orignally came into the hospital with a a fever of 104 and a sinus infection.
Well the fever was coming and going for a week..
So they had me on anti-biotics for that. So when the fevers finally stoped coming and going I still had the sinus infection. So they had me on new meds for that. Then in the course of that i got a lung infection. Which they had to put me on more anti-biotics to get rid of the lung infection. But with all the anti-biotics they had going through me..they end up giving me another infection called Clostridium difficile or "C Diff" which is the way i have to say it cause im not a doctor and i can't pronounce the bigger words. Like the actual name for infections.
But my point is that the very medication that was suposed to be helping really ended up hurting me. And im not exactlly sure how to take it in. I mean it made me sicker than i was before...but on the other hand at least they caught it in time. Cause i read its life-threatening.
But im kind of scared at the same time cause ive been through MRSA and that didn't do anything and they told me that was very serious but i'm doing fine with that.

Thanks for reading.
P.S please make sure you watch when your on anti-biotics, and wash your hands ALOT. The only way to kill the spores that get around is to WASH WITH SOAP AND WARM WATER!!
I mean you should wash your hands anyways but still... you know a little extra wont hurt.

Thanks Again
Samantha

CFGurl16

<br />Well the fever was coming and going for a week..
<br />So they had me on anti-biotics for that. So when the fevers finally stoped coming and going I still had the sinus infection. So they had me on new meds for that. Then in the course of that i got a lung infection. Which they had to put me on more anti-biotics to get rid of the lung infection. But with all the anti-biotics they had going through me..they end up giving me another infection called Clostridium difficile or "C Diff" which is the way i have to say it cause im not a doctor and i can't pronounce the bigger words. Like the actual name for infections.
<br />But my point is that the very medication that was suposed to be helping really ended up hurting me. And im not exactlly sure how to take it in. I mean it made me sicker than i was before...but on the other hand at least they caught it in time. Cause i read its life-threatening.
<br />But im kind of scared at the same time cause ive been through MRSA and that didn't do anything and they told me that was very serious but i'm doing fine with that.
<br />
<br />Thanks for reading.
<br />P.S please make sure you watch when your on anti-biotics, and wash your hands ALOT. The only way to kill the spores that get around is to WASH WITH SOAP AND WARM WATER!!
<br />I mean you should wash your hands anyways but still... you know a little extra wont hurt.
<br />
<br />Thanks Again
<br />Samantha

FitForCF

Hey Sam,

Sorry to hear about that. Usually my rule is get in and out of the Hospital ASAP!
I always ask the Docs, is this something I can do at home. Even if it's IV meds, you can do it at home with little help.
I'm slightly older than you, haha I'm 41, so I've seen and been around enough to know some things to ask.
Once you get out of the hospital do your best to find a great workout system. That way you can try and keep your lungs moving and not go back to the hospitals.

Ok kid, hang in there and God Bless. Phil

FitForCF

Hey Sam,

Sorry to hear about that. Usually my rule is get in and out of the Hospital ASAP!
I always ask the Docs, is this something I can do at home. Even if it's IV meds, you can do it at home with little help.
I'm slightly older than you, haha I'm 41, so I've seen and been around enough to know some things to ask.
Once you get out of the hospital do your best to find a great workout system. That way you can try and keep your lungs moving and not go back to the hospitals.

Ok kid, hang in there and God Bless. Phil

FitForCF

Hey Sam,
<br />
<br />Sorry to hear about that. Usually my rule is get in and out of the Hospital ASAP!
<br />I always ask the Docs, is this something I can do at home. Even if it's IV meds, you can do it at home with little help.
<br />I'm slightly older than you, haha I'm 41, so I've seen and been around enough to know some things to ask.
<br />Once you get out of the hospital do your best to find a great workout system. That way you can try and keep your lungs moving and not go back to the hospitals.
<br />
<br />Ok kid, hang in there and God Bless. Phil

CountryGirl

Im sorry to hear about this. What I know about C-Diff is that it is common when you are on antibiotics because the meds can kill the good bacteria in your stomach and intestines...causing C-Diff.

Hope you feel better soon!

CountryGirl

Im sorry to hear about this. What I know about C-Diff is that it is common when you are on antibiotics because the meds can kill the good bacteria in your stomach and intestines...causing C-Diff.

Hope you feel better soon!

CountryGirl

<br />
<br />Hope you feel better soon!