Hospitals

JazzysMom

Mine is thru Combined life. When I got it a few years back it was $15./mo for 1/2 unit which pays $50./day inpatient & the same for home recovery/disability time. It also pays for other stuff, but havent fallen into the catergory so dont remember what. The premium increases about 75 cents a year, but the benefits increase also. I currently pay $18./mo. There was a waiting period for the CF claims tho. I believe it was only 1 year tho....I can check if you really want. Its been so long now I dont know for sure! The premium schedule increases with age so the longer you wait to get it the more it will cost...

Jane

Digital opinion leader
Thanks Melissa,

The one we just got was from Combine. We will pay 21.75 a month for each boy. It will give us $90 a day (after a year) Good to know that they might count home IVs too.

We're looking for more.

becca23

I would be interested in more info on the combined life indeminties insurance. I currently have one but would like one that would allow me to stay at home. If you would just email it to me. rwelstead@alltel.net

anonymous

PICC lines are much better than they seem. I would make sure to get one put in with an ultrasound however. I had a problem with my small veins when they didn't do an ultrasound and it was very bad. It does take a lot to pull them out and you will get used to moving with one soon enough. I put a sock over mine and then a sweatshirt and went to work and no one knew i had one.
Make sure you get an extension!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!They make a world of difference. Good luck!
Sue 24w/CF