How are you treating your MRSA?

Incomudrox

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>travlinuf</b></i> Has anyone ever heard of Colloidal Silver to treat MRSA in CF kids? My 2 yr old just cultured MRSA for the first time and a friend said she had luck with Colloidal Silver orally in her teenage CFer. I was unsure of the dose to give her and even if it is safe for her size. This is our first set back on a relatively smooth sail since she was born. We got PA last month and treated it woith TOBI, then on the follow up culture found both PA and MRSA. I want to do whatever I can do to get rid of this, but be safe for her. We are now doing 3x/day TOBI, Cipro 2x/day, Bactrim 2x/day in a 3 week on 2 week off cycle.</end quote>

In my quest of the many things I tried to might my bacteria, CS works, mediocre at best. After a while it caused more harm than good due to the inflammation it caused. Note: I was inhaling it. Over-all its probably bad, as while it is alternative, most things alternative at least have shown to have a place in the body as food or some other means. Silver is not an "essential metal" and has no place in the body and thus, the inflammitory response by the immune system. It's a "ok" "Last ditch effort" kind of thing if you're faced with death or lung tx. Otherwise I'd stay away.