how clear is clear ?

madencanada

i know that cfers are all at different stages in this disease , so i guess my question would be going out to all cfers, with a more mild form. so here goes .. when a cfer lets say gets sick from some sort of bug , then does antibiotics, prednisone etc.. and that antibiotic was the right one for that bug , so obviously you feel better, how good do you actually feel? totally clear chest with no gunk . or little bit of gunk with mild coughing, or always sick , but not to the degree of having a bug on top of it all??? do you ever feel like you don't have a lung alimante ? confusing i know!!!!

madencanada

i know that cfers are all at different stages in this disease , so i guess my question would be going out to all cfers, with a more mild form. so here goes .. when a cfer lets say gets sick from some sort of bug , then does antibiotics, prednisone etc.. and that antibiotic was the right one for that bug , so obviously you feel better, how good do you actually feel? totally clear chest with no gunk . or little bit of gunk with mild coughing, or always sick , but not to the degree of having a bug on top of it all??? do you ever feel like you don't have a lung alimante ? confusing i know!!!!

madencanada

madencanada

madencanada

H

hopesiris

Well I'm about as mild as you can get and I have a little bit of gunk with mild coughing. I blow my nose or spit out mucus from sinuses and lungs pretty much on the hour all day and when I wake up at night my nose is usually full of gunk. Some days are dryer than others. I guess I don't feel like I have CF in the way that someone who is more symptomatic does. But I have to do enough mucus control that I don't ever feel like I'm perfectly healthy either.

H

hopesiris

Well I'm about as mild as you can get and I have a little bit of gunk with mild coughing. I blow my nose or spit out mucus from sinuses and lungs pretty much on the hour all day and when I wake up at night my nose is usually full of gunk. Some days are dryer than others. I guess I don't feel like I have CF in the way that someone who is more symptomatic does. But I have to do enough mucus control that I don't ever feel like I'm perfectly healthy either.

H

hopesiris

H

hopesiris

H

hopesiris

kybert

not a mild one here, BUT, when i am well i have very little coughing. however, i still feel like i do have cf. darn haha.

kybert

not a mild one here, BUT, when i am well i have very little coughing. however, i still feel like i do have cf. darn haha.

kybert

kybert

kybert

Skye

I am in the moderate to severe category and more often than not my lungs sound clear to the docs who listen very closely for crackles. When I am on IV's, 3x in my life, I produce about 6-8 tbsps. of yuck. After about 2 days on IV's that amount is less than a tsp.

Skye

I am in the moderate to severe category and more often than not my lungs sound clear to the docs who listen very closely for crackles. When I am on IV's, 3x in my life, I produce about 6-8 tbsps. of yuck. After about 2 days on IV's that amount is less than a tsp.

Skye

Skye

Skye