How do I help?

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
How can you help... If they're open to doing so, learn how to do cpt/vest. Learn about the meds, enzymes so at some point, when they're comfortable they can have a night or weekend out as a couple.

Being that it's an adustment process -- learning a new routine. Maybe somethings around the house are going by the wayside. Offer to bring over a few meals, clean the house, do a load of laundry...

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
How can you help... If they're open to doing so, learn how to do cpt/vest. Learn about the meds, enzymes so at some point, when they're comfortable they can have a night or weekend out as a couple.

Being that it's an adustment process -- learning a new routine. Maybe somethings around the house are going by the wayside. Offer to bring over a few meals, clean the house, do a load of laundry...

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

JORDYSMOM

Hi LaRue-

Welcome to the site. I know you aren't here for pleasure, but welcome just the same. I hope you find this place as helpful as I have. I have found much support and knowledge here.

I agree with Liza. When my son was dx, I felt like crying all of the time. I still feel that way at times. It just gets to you sometimes. I don't like for people to see me cry. It makes me feel weak, etc. That may be what your daughter-in-law is feeling. Also, she may not want people to cry or be sad in front of the kids. Maybe she is afraid that will scare them.

Everyone deals with things in a different way. Allow your DIL to handle it her way. I know it's hard to sit back and feel helpless, but CF really does make you feel helpless sometimes. There's just no way around it. They say knowledge is power, and for me, that is very true. The more I know about CF, the more I feel I can do to stay on top of it, slow it down, etc.

I also agree that the day will come when your son & DIL need some time to themselves. Just be there for them when they need you. Learning how to do the treatments and give the meds, etc. will be very helpful to them one day.

If you need to vent or ask more questions, just do it. You will always find someone here who understands what you are feeling, or has been through what you are going through.

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Hi LaRue-

Welcome to the site. I know you aren't here for pleasure, but welcome just the same. I hope you find this place as helpful as I have. I have found much support and knowledge here.

I agree with Liza. When my son was dx, I felt like crying all of the time. I still feel that way at times. It just gets to you sometimes. I don't like for people to see me cry. It makes me feel weak, etc. That may be what your daughter-in-law is feeling. Also, she may not want people to cry or be sad in front of the kids. Maybe she is afraid that will scare them.

Everyone deals with things in a different way. Allow your DIL to handle it her way. I know it's hard to sit back and feel helpless, but CF really does make you feel helpless sometimes. There's just no way around it. They say knowledge is power, and for me, that is very true. The more I know about CF, the more I feel I can do to stay on top of it, slow it down, etc.

I also agree that the day will come when your son & DIL need some time to themselves. Just be there for them when they need you. Learning how to do the treatments and give the meds, etc. will be very helpful to them one day.

If you need to vent or ask more questions, just do it. You will always find someone here who understands what you are feeling, or has been through what you are going through.

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Hi LaRue-

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Hi LaRue-

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Hi LaRue-

Stacey

LThorpe

You have a very good point that I had not thought about. They talk to me and the other grandmom, just not the other family members, or friends. You gave me something to think about, and I will surely be more sensitive and encourage others to do so.

LThorpe

You have a very good point that I had not thought about. They talk to me and the other grandmom, just not the other family members, or friends. You gave me something to think about, and I will surely be more sensitive and encourage others to do so.

LThorpe

LThorpe

LThorpe

LThorpe

Thank you for your suggestions. I moved in while she was hospitalized and helped my son keep things as normal as possible for my grandson. The other grandmom keeps my granddaughter, and I keep my grandson on Friday nights so that my son and his wife can have a night to themselves, and I either have the whole family over for dinner or take them out to dinner at least one night a week. I'm hoping once she gets her vest, I can keep her overnight. I suffer from severe arthritis in my hands, so I am unable to do the CPT. Everything is so overwhelming, we are all trying to do the best we can.

LThorpe

Thank you for your suggestions. I moved in while she was hospitalized and helped my son keep things as normal as possible for my grandson. The other grandmom keeps my granddaughter, and I keep my grandson on Friday nights so that my son and his wife can have a night to themselves, and I either have the whole family over for dinner or take them out to dinner at least one night a week. I'm hoping once she gets her vest, I can keep her overnight. I suffer from severe arthritis in my hands, so I am unable to do the CPT. Everything is so overwhelming, we are all trying to do the best we can.

LThorpe

LThorpe

LThorpe