How Do I Make This Decission?

brogerson

Hi Annie, I just had a double lung transplant on December 14 so I know all the thoughts that are going through your head right now. There is no guarantee that the result will be a success, but I have met people who have had the surgery and are doing very well. I met a guy in physiotherapy who had his transplant 18 years ago and I know another person who is going on their 13th year. So there is hope.

My FEV1 was 23% and is now 65% and should continue to rise as I get stronger and recover. So far I have had no rejection but I am only 1 month from surgery.

I felt a lung transplant was the only way to get my life back and would have done anything. I think you should just do it, you know your lung function will get worse so what have you got to lose.

Good Luck

brogerson

Hi Annie, I just had a double lung transplant on December 14 so I know all the thoughts that are going through your head right now. There is no guarantee that the result will be a success, but I have met people who have had the surgery and are doing very well. I met a guy in physiotherapy who had his transplant 18 years ago and I know another person who is going on their 13th year. So there is hope.

My FEV1 was 23% and is now 65% and should continue to rise as I get stronger and recover. So far I have had no rejection but I am only 1 month from surgery.

I felt a lung transplant was the only way to get my life back and would have done anything. I think you should just do it, you know your lung function will get worse so what have you got to lose.

Good Luck

brogerson

Good Luck

brogerson

Good Luck

brogerson

<br />
<br />My FEV1 was 23% and is now 65% and should continue to rise as I get stronger and recover. So far I have had no rejection but I am only 1 month from surgery.
<br />
<br />I felt a lung transplant was the only way to get my life back and would have done anything. I think you should just do it, you know your lung function will get worse so what have you got to lose.
<br />
<br />Good Luck