how do you do it?

fuel1316

ok so we have a 4week old baby girl. finaly home from the NICU. we have to give her half a capsule of enzymes before every meal.

every nurse tryed different ways to give them to her to make it easy for us and her...

we tryed mixing them in a little drop of milk, tryed giving them with a spoon, tryed sticking them to a wet pacifier, tryed them in a dropper and a syringe and now we just dump them in her mouth

im afraid to just pour dry pellets in her mouth because she can aspirate on them.

how do you give them? what works for you?

thanks for any help!

fuel1316

ok so we have a 4week old baby girl. finaly home from the NICU. we have to give her half a capsule of enzymes before every meal.

every nurse tryed different ways to give them to her to make it easy for us and her...

we tryed mixing them in a little drop of milk, tryed giving them with a spoon, tryed sticking them to a wet pacifier, tryed them in a dropper and a syringe and now we just dump them in her mouth

im afraid to just pour dry pellets in her mouth because she can aspirate on them.

thanks for any help!

fuel1316

thanks for any help!

fuel1316

thanks for any help!

fuel1316

<br />
<br />every nurse tryed different ways to give them to her to make it easy for us and her...
<br />
<br />we tryed mixing them in a little drop of milk, tryed giving them with a spoon, tryed sticking them to a wet pacifier, tryed them in a dropper and a syringe and now we just dump them in her mouth
<br />
<br />im afraid to just pour dry pellets in her mouth because she can aspirate on them.
<br />
<br />how do you give them? what works for you?
<br />
<br />thanks for any help!

debs2girls

My daughter wasnt diagnosed until she was 5 and just started enzymes in Oct..so we didnt have that problem, but most people on here will tell you, put them in/on applesause.

BTW, your daughter is beautiful...congrats

debs2girls

My daughter wasnt diagnosed until she was 5 and just started enzymes in Oct..so we didnt have that problem, but most people on here will tell you, put them in/on applesause.

debs2girls

debs2girls

debs2girls

<br />
<br />BTW, your daughter is beautiful...congrats

crickit715

my daughter started taking them at 3 wks old....i would mix them in a little bit of stage 1 babyfood applesauce and scoop a little into her mouth, then hurry up and stick the pacifier in...the natural sucking motion would make her swallow the enzymes and applesauce.....it takes a while to "master", so dont give up!!!! but it definatley does the trick!! good luck

crickit715

my daughter started taking them at 3 wks old....i would mix them in a little bit of stage 1 babyfood applesauce and scoop a little into her mouth, then hurry up and stick the pacifier in...the natural sucking motion would make her swallow the enzymes and applesauce.....it takes a while to "master", so dont give up!!!! but it definatley does the trick!! good luck

crickit715

crickit715

crickit715

A

Andrea

Ben started to take them at 2 weeks. He uses baby applesauce. We used the spoons with the rubber covering around it. They slid off better. Now he is almost 1 and he swallows the capsules whole in a spoon of applesauce.

A

Andrea

Ben started to take them at 2 weeks. He uses baby applesauce. We used the spoons with the rubber covering around it. They slid off better. Now he is almost 1 and he swallows the capsules whole in a spoon of applesauce.

A

Andrea

A

Andrea

A

Andrea