how do you do it?

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
I responded on the newly diagnosed section, but one thing I'd forgotten about is that teeny tiny babies have a natural defense in which they stick their tongues out and push the enzymes out, so what worked for us was to quickly stick in the spoonful of babyfood bananas and follow it just as quickly with the bottle. First few days/weeks, it took two of us. One held the spoon and whoever was feeding DS stuck the bottle in quickly.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
I responded on the newly diagnosed section, but one thing I'd forgotten about is that teeny tiny babies have a natural defense in which they stick their tongues out and push the enzymes out, so what worked for us was to quickly stick in the spoonful of babyfood bananas and follow it just as quickly with the bottle. First few days/weeks, it took two of us. One held the spoon and whoever was feeding DS stuck the bottle in quickly.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Another thing to consider is the type of enzymes. When DS was on pancrea-carb, the beads were like grains of sand -- we'd find them everywhere -- in our shirts, on the floor, in DS hair. One trick we tried with those was to put them in an oral syringe with some baby food fruit, though shortly thereafter he was switched to pancrease MT4s and there are only 12 beads per capsule, so 6 per half. Size of the beads were bigger, but much easier to keep track of. The enzymes would sometimes burn and leave red spots on my neck.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Another thing to consider is the type of enzymes. When DS was on pancrea-carb, the beads were like grains of sand -- we'd find them everywhere -- in our shirts, on the floor, in DS hair. One trick we tried with those was to put them in an oral syringe with some baby food fruit, though shortly thereafter he was switched to pancrease MT4s and there are only 12 beads per capsule, so 6 per half. Size of the beads were bigger, but much easier to keep track of. The enzymes would sometimes burn and leave red spots on my neck.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

fuel1316

i guess we have the "sand" kind LOL

we find them in her neck and i found 2 stuck to her butt one day! hahah i think they must have just rolled down her shirt into her diaper....

eitherway.. i would like to try the food way. i didnt think you could give babies this young, food like that..

isnt it a giant waste of food to open a container for one tiny spoonfull? what do you do?

fuel1316

we find them in her neck and i found 2 stuck to her butt one day! hahah i think they must have just rolled down her shirt into her diaper....

eitherway.. i would like to try the food way. i didnt think you could give babies this young, food like that..

isnt it a giant waste of food to open a container for one tiny spoonfull? what do you do?

fuel1316

fuel1316

fuel1316

<br />
<br />we find them in her neck and i found 2 stuck to her butt one day! hahah i think they must have just rolled down her shirt into her diaper....
<br />
<br />eitherway.. i would like to try the food way. i didnt think you could give babies this young, food like that..
<br />
<br />isnt it a giant waste of food to open a container for one tiny spoonfull? what do you do?

izemmom

Emily started on enzymes on her first day in the Nicu...at 4 days old! We used applesauce right away and she was fine with it! I couldn't beleive my eyes, but she just opened her mouth and swallowed!!!

We took a spoonful of applesauce out of the jar each time we gave her her 'zymes and put it in a cup. The jar went back in the refrigerator. Just make sure that the spoon is clean so you don't contaminate the sauce.

Good luck and congratulations on your beautiful Qwendolynn!

izemmom

Emily started on enzymes on her first day in the Nicu...at 4 days old! We used applesauce right away and she was fine with it! I couldn't beleive my eyes, but she just opened her mouth and swallowed!!!

We took a spoonful of applesauce out of the jar each time we gave her her 'zymes and put it in a cup. The jar went back in the refrigerator. Just make sure that the spoon is clean so you don't contaminate the sauce.

izemmom

izemmom

izemmom

<br />
<br />We took a spoonful of applesauce out of the jar each time we gave her her 'zymes and put it in a cup. The jar went back in the refrigerator. Just make sure that the spoon is clean so you don't contaminate the sauce.
<br />
<br />Good luck and congratulations on your beautiful Qwendolynn!