How do you manage working when a child with cf goes through long bouts of illness?

ashclaysmom

I just experience taking time off of work when my daughter had surgery to remove polyps in her nasal passages. We were only suppose to stay one night it turned out to be 10 days total. When the doctor went in he found several little polyps that were blocking her right side and behind it was green puss. He immediately admitted her for two IV antibiotics and several breathing treatments. One of the nights I could not stay with her because I was scheduled to work and I already called off one of the days. So I felt guilty te whole time I was at work leaving my baby by herself in the hospital..Plus they wrote me up for the two call offs and cut my hours they don't care here in Michigan it is an at will state they can get rid of you for anything..So i have been under alot of stress plus her father is not there like he should be her step dad is there for her more than he is...So I can relate to the subject.

ashclaysmom

I just experience taking time off of work when my daughter had surgery to remove polyps in her nasal passages. We were only suppose to stay one night it turned out to be 10 days total. When the doctor went in he found several little polyps that were blocking her right side and behind it was green puss. He immediately admitted her for two IV antibiotics and several breathing treatments. One of the nights I could not stay with her because I was scheduled to work and I already called off one of the days. So I felt guilty te whole time I was at work leaving my baby by herself in the hospital..Plus they wrote me up for the two call offs and cut my hours they don't care here in Michigan it is an at will state they can get rid of you for anything..So i have been under alot of stress plus her father is not there like he should be her step dad is there for her more than he is...So I can relate to the subject.

ashclaysmom

ashclaysmom

ashclaysmom

Sheridan

I have just given up work for at least the next 4 years. I have 2 kids with CF and it just became impossible trying to maintain some kind of balance.

Sheridan

I have just given up work for at least the next 4 years. I have 2 kids with CF and it just became impossible trying to maintain some kind of balance.

Sheridan

Sheridan

Sheridan

<br />I have just given up work for at least the next 4 years. I have 2 kids with CF and it just became impossible trying to maintain some kind of balance.

paulaleigh

Thank you for all the reply's and hang in there, we will all figure out a balance between caring for our children with cf and working....

paulaleigh

Thank you for all the reply's and hang in there, we will all figure out a balance between caring for our children with cf and working....

paulaleigh

paulaleigh

paulaleigh