how do you when it's no longer a cold

ladybug

Could you go to clinic and see if pseudo or another bug is acting up with a culture? Some labs grade how heavy your pseudo is, so if you're growing really heavy pseudo, you'd know its likely an infection taking over.

Other than that, I actually ended up with a virus WHILE on IV meds this time around and when I asked the doc if it were viral or bacterial and how to tell, they basically said there is no way to tell unless IVs or orals DON'T help at all... then its likely it was a virus.

I also was coughing up lots of green stuff and thought THAT was always a sign of infection and to go on IVs when that happened, but again the doc said that's not always the case and they dont' go by color or feel of sputum alone.

Good luck to you and hope you feel better!!!

ladybug

Could you go to clinic and see if pseudo or another bug is acting up with a culture? Some labs grade how heavy your pseudo is, so if you're growing really heavy pseudo, you'd know its likely an infection taking over.

Other than that, I actually ended up with a virus WHILE on IV meds this time around and when I asked the doc if it were viral or bacterial and how to tell, they basically said there is no way to tell unless IVs or orals DON'T help at all... then its likely it was a virus.

I also was coughing up lots of green stuff and thought THAT was always a sign of infection and to go on IVs when that happened, but again the doc said that's not always the case and they dont' go by color or feel of sputum alone.

ladybug

ladybug

ladybug

<br />
<br />Other than that, I actually ended up with a virus WHILE on IV meds this time around and when I asked the doc if it were viral or bacterial and how to tell, they basically said there is no way to tell unless IVs or orals DON'T help at all... then its likely it was a virus.
<br />
<br />I also was coughing up lots of green stuff and thought THAT was always a sign of infection and to go on IVs when that happened, but again the doc said that's not always the case and they dont' go by color or feel of sputum alone.
<br />
<br />Good luck to you and hope you feel better!!!

Diane

Fever is usually a good indication that its time for more aggressive action. Shortness of breath would be another. Sounds like it may be time to call the Dr. with your shortness of breath. If he suggests iv's can you do them at home rather than be hospitalized?

Diane

Fever is usually a good indication that its time for more aggressive action. Shortness of breath would be another. Sounds like it may be time to call the Dr. with your shortness of breath. If he suggests iv's can you do them at home rather than be hospitalized?

Diane

Diane

Diane