How foreigner-CF in US gets treatment ?

zamanka

Hi! I'm new here and myEnglishis not very good, I'm really sorry if I write with a mistakes...<br><br>My husband has late diagnosis with Cystic Fibrosis (at age of 32) .His condition is not bad at all, but he needs to do checks a few times per year and also he hascrisessometimes.We are students now in UK and he is thinking to continue his studies in US, but we're worried if he won't be able to receive the treatment there as he is not US-citizen or it would cost too expensive.<br>Does anyone has an experience?<br>And also we're just interested if you are US-citizen how much do you have to pay to do the checks/treatments in the hospital for CF?<br>tks

zamanka

Hi! I'm new here and myEnglishis not very good, I'm really sorry if I write with a mistakes...<br><br>My husband has late diagnosis with Cystic Fibrosis (at age of 32) .His condition is not bad at all, but he needs to do checks a few times per year and also he hascrisessometimes.We are students now in UK and he is thinking to continue his studies in US, but we're worried if he won't be able to receive the treatment there as he is not US-citizen or it would cost too expensive.<br>Does anyone has an experience?<br>And also we're just interested if you are US-citizen how much do you have to pay to do the checks/treatments in the hospital for CF?<br>tks

zamanka

stillkicking

I'm glad your husband is doing well. I don't know if I can answer all your questions. If he comes to the U.S. you would want to get insurance coverage as soon as possible. Insurance in the United States is usually provided by employers, you pay co-pays, and usually a percentage of the premium. The plans vary from company to company. Many on this site receive insurance from the government under their program, but I am unfamiliar with what would be required as a foreigner to get coverage. I would suggest looking it up online. However, if you are over here and have an emergency you may receive treatment without insurance. Some hospitals have ties with charitable organizations to help defer the costs, but they will try to bill you for it as well. Health care costs and drug prescriptions in the U.S. can be quite expensive. I have my health insurance through my employer but I still pay a few thousand a year from my own pocket. Any way, sorry I can't be of more assistance. Best of luck!

stillkicking

I'm glad your husband is doing well. I don't know if I can answer all your questions. If he comes to the U.S. you would want to get insurance coverage as soon as possible. Insurance in the United States is usually provided by employers, you pay co-pays, and usually a percentage of the premium. The plans vary from company to company. Many on this site receive insurance from the government under their program, but I am unfamiliar with what would be required as a foreigner to get coverage. I would suggest looking it up online. However, if you are over here and have an emergency you may receive treatment without insurance. Some hospitals have ties with charitable organizations to help defer the costs, but they will try to bill you for it as well. Health care costs and drug prescriptions in the U.S. can be quite expensive. I have my health insurance through my employer but I still pay a few thousand a year from my own pocket. Any way, sorry I can't be of more assistance. Best of luck!