how long after you got the call where you in surgery?

Marjolein

I was called at 4.45 am.
It was ok to just take a regular ambulance and not the helicopter. They came to get me at around 5.30 and we had to first ferry off our island at 6.00 am.
Was at the hospital at 7.30.

First the transplant surgeon thought I had to go into surgery just past 10 am.

But it got later (I think other surgeons took longer to get the other organs) and they even had time to give me an epidural before surgery. Great for post tx pain management.

I went into surgery at 1 pm. My mum, dad and sis saw me again at 10 pm.

Marjolein

I was called at 4.45 am.
It was ok to just take a regular ambulance and not the helicopter. They came to get me at around 5.30 and we had to first ferry off our island at 6.00 am.

But it got later (I think other surgeons took longer to get the other organs) and they even had time to give me an epidural before surgery. Great for post tx pain management.

Marjolein

I was called at 4.45 am.

Marjolein

I was called at 4.45 am.

Marjolein

I was called at 4.45 am.
<br />It was ok to just take a regular ambulance and not the helicopter. They came to get me at around 5.30 and we had to first ferry off our island at 6.00 am.
<br />Was at the hospital at 7.30.
<br />
<br />First the transplant surgeon thought I had to go into surgery just past 10 am.
<br />
<br />But it got later (I think other surgeons took longer to get the other organs) and they even had time to give me an epidural before surgery. Great for post tx pain management.
<br />
<br />I went into surgery at 1 pm. My mum, dad and sis saw me again at 10 pm.

Transplantmommy

I was already in the hospital when I found out that I was getting my double lung and liver transplant. I was told around 12PM that they had a match and the docs said that I wouldn't go into surgery until around midnight. I actually ended up going in 3 hours earlier at 9PM. Total wait of 9 hours from the time I was told to the time I went into the OR.

I was then in surgery for 9.5 hours when they thought it would take about 14 hours. The docs were off in all of their predictions. lol

Transplantmommy

I was already in the hospital when I found out that I was getting my double lung and liver transplant. I was told around 12PM that they had a match and the docs said that I wouldn't go into surgery until around midnight. I actually ended up going in 3 hours earlier at 9PM. Total wait of 9 hours from the time I was told to the time I went into the OR.

I was then in surgery for 9.5 hours when they thought it would take about 14 hours. The docs were off in all of their predictions. lol

Transplantmommy

Transplantmommy

Transplantmommy

<br />
<br />I was then in surgery for 9.5 hours when they thought it would take about 14 hours. The docs were off in all of their predictions. lol