How long does it take to get throat culture results?

SARAHSARAH253

Hi there,

My house has came down with a nasty stomach bug this weekend. My son had clinic on Monday, and I'm wondering how long it takes for the CF Clinic to contact you if your kids caught a bug. Thanks in advance..I'm just trying to play detective!!

Thanks,

Sarah

SARAHSARAH253

Hi there,

My house has came down with a nasty stomach bug this weekend. My son had clinic on Monday, and I'm wondering how long it takes for the CF Clinic to contact you if your kids caught a bug. Thanks in advance..I'm just trying to play detective!!

Thanks,

Sarah

SARAHSARAH253

Hi there,
<br />
<br />My house has came down with a nasty stomach bug this weekend. My son had clinic on Monday, and I'm wondering how long it takes for the CF Clinic to contact you if your kids caught a bug. Thanks in advance..I'm just trying to play detective!!
<br />
<br />Thanks,
<br />
<br />Sarah

mom2owen

Our throat culture results we ready in a week, so were the sputum cultures. But just a warning, we had to call our clinics. They didn't call us. (I might have been overzealous with one, she had planned to call that day to give abx anyway so if I had been more patient, she would have called me first!)
Good luck, there is a lot of nasty stuff out there right now!

mom2owen

Our throat culture results we ready in a week, so were the sputum cultures. But just a warning, we had to call our clinics. They didn't call us. (I might have been overzealous with one, she had planned to call that day to give abx anyway so if I had been more patient, she would have called me first!)
Good luck, there is a lot of nasty stuff out there right now!

mom2owen

<br />Good luck, there is a lot of nasty stuff out there right now!

Mammahuff

We get ours in 3-4 days also. Like the others unless it cultures something we dont get a call. But I can see Austins cultures online now. They have a site from the hosiptal you have to sign up for and its called mykidschart. and i will get a message that the results are in and i go and see what he has cultured.

Mammahuff

We get ours in 3-4 days also. Like the others unless it cultures something we dont get a call. But I can see Austins cultures online now. They have a site from the hosiptal you have to sign up for and its called mykidschart. and i will get a message that the results are in and i go and see what he has cultured.

Mammahuff