How long....

Haileysmommy

How long

does a TOBI treatment take? How long does it normally take to finish? For Hailey it seems to take forever. This is all new to us so I was just wondering. Thanks

Haileysmommy

How long

does a TOBI treatment take? How long does it normally take to finish? For Hailey it seems to take forever. This is all new to us so I was just wondering. Thanks

JennifersHope

Welcome to the world of Tobi.. I have a PulmoAide machine which makes the Tobi take about 20 minutes sometimes 25. When I use the machine in the car, it takes at least 25-30 minutes...

JennifersHope

Welcome to the world of Tobi.. I have a PulmoAide machine which makes the Tobi take about 20 minutes sometimes 25. When I use the machine in the car, it takes at least 25-30 minutes...

anonymous

Different kinds of nebulizers (I'm not talking air compressors but the actual mouth pieces) can make it go a little faster. Ask yout resp. therapist at clinic if they have some other styles to try.
Debbie
24 w/ CF

anonymous

Different kinds of nebulizers (I'm not talking air compressors but the actual mouth pieces) can make it go a little faster. Ask yout resp. therapist at clinic if they have some other styles to try.
Debbie
24 w/ CF

thefrogprincess

If it seems like it is taking a million years it could be that your compressor isn't working at its peak. The first time I did a course of Tobi it took a good 25 minutes when I was told it should take about 15. I sent my compressor in for maintance (I borrowed my brother's in the mean time) when I got it back it went so much faster! Also, there is only the one type of cup that is approved for Tobi (different cups make different particle sizes) so make sure you have the right one.

thefrogprincess

If it seems like it is taking a million years it could be that your compressor isn't working at its peak. The first time I did a course of Tobi it took a good 25 minutes when I was told it should take about 15. I sent my compressor in for maintance (I borrowed my brother's in the mean time) when I got it back it went so much faster! Also, there is only the one type of cup that is approved for Tobi (different cups make different particle sizes) so make sure you have the right one.

anonymous

I noticed a big difference when we switched from a pari to a devilbiss pulmoaide. The other day I noticed the devilbiss seemed to be taking longer -- changed out the filter -- was covered with white crystals from the tobi and treatment time decreased again. Liza

anonymous

I noticed a big difference when we switched from a pari to a devilbiss pulmoaide. The other day I noticed the devilbiss seemed to be taking longer -- changed out the filter -- was covered with white crystals from the tobi and treatment time decreased again. Liza

anonymous

Sydney's took less than 15 minutes with her Pari Proneb Ultra compressor and the Pari LC Neb cup (and Bubbles mask) but it was the only neb she was doing and did it for 4 months (8 months of 28 on and 28 off) so her compressor didn't get used much with I suppose makes a difference.

Here are 2 things that might help decrease treatment time:
-if she uses the Bubbles mask, make sure you take out the blue ring thingie
-check your compressor filter, it might need changed

HTH,
Kelli - mom of Sydney 2.5 wcf

anonymous

Sydney's took less than 15 minutes with her Pari Proneb Ultra compressor and the Pari LC Neb cup (and Bubbles mask) but it was the only neb she was doing and did it for 4 months (8 months of 28 on and 28 off) so her compressor didn't get used much with I suppose makes a difference.

Here are 2 things that might help decrease treatment time:
-if she uses the Bubbles mask, make sure you take out the blue ring thingie
-check your compressor filter, it might need changed

HTH,
Kelli - mom of Sydney 2.5 wcf