How many hours do you put into treatments and taking care of yourself?

I have actually in the middle of applying for disablity. They asked me to write down how many hours I need to take care of my CF. I have included the all teh hours of treamtents, cpt, doctor recommended exercise, waiting for allergy shots, the time i wait for the CF doc, and the amount of meds i need. Plus i wrote down that i need to do ivs for 3 weeks twice a year.
It turns out that I do 40 hours of maintence work for my CF. That puts it into persceptive. This is equivilant to a full time job. Plus i work part time and do stuff with friends and many chores around the house. Cant imagine doing this with a husband or kids.
No wonder i am so tired by the weekend.
How much work do you put into maintaining your CF?

I have actually in the middle of applying for disablity. They asked me to write down how many hours I need to take care of my CF. I have included the all teh hours of treamtents, cpt, doctor recommended exercise, waiting for allergy shots, the time i wait for the CF doc, and the amount of meds i need. Plus i wrote down that i need to do ivs for 3 weeks twice a year.
It turns out that I do 40 hours of maintence work for my CF. That puts it into persceptive. This is equivilant to a full time job. Plus i work part time and do stuff with friends and many chores around the house. Cant imagine doing this with a husband or kids.
No wonder i am so tired by the weekend.
How much work do you put into maintaining your CF?

<br />It turns out that I do 40 hours of maintence work for my CF. That puts it into persceptive. This is equivilant to a full time job. Plus i work part time and do stuff with friends and many chores around the house. Cant imagine doing this with a husband or kids.
<br />No wonder i am so tired by the weekend.
<br />How much work do you put into maintaining your CF?

tesorotiffa

When I'm healthy, I do 1.5 hours max worth of breathing treatments a day. I also exercise a few hours a week. When I'm sick though, the ivs take considerably more time. Of course!

tesorotiffa

When I'm healthy, I do 1.5 hours max worth of breathing treatments a day. I also exercise a few hours a week. When I'm sick though, the ivs take considerably more time. Of course!

tesorotiffa

Kristen

If I added up taking meds, sterilizing nebulizers, doctor appointments, exercise, etc, I bet it averages about three hours a day.

Kristen

If I added up taking meds, sterilizing nebulizers, doctor appointments, exercise, etc, I bet it averages about three hours a day.

Kristen

LouLou

A lot! Raw treatments alone are 21 hrs. This does not include nor does your list include cleaning nebs, ordering meds, organizing meds, insurance phone calls, making appts, paying bills, picking up meds at pharmacy, meal preparations as well as shopping for high calorie diet....

When I applied for SSDI in 2007 they wanted to know about my day this is how I responded:
My Day
7:00am wake up,

On the way to the bathroom a coughing fit usually requires me to catch my breath and rest.

7:00am - 7:15am - prepare a high caloric shake since many of my AM meds are to be taken with food yet eating a breakfast consisting of solids will result in vomiting during my AM physical therapy session.

Take 6 pills.

7:15am - 7:30am - assemble nebulizers and insert medication.

7:30am - 7:50am - inhale albuterol (bronchial dilator) via nebulizer.

7:50am - 8:35am - inhale hypertonic saline via nebulizer.

Often times at this point I've coughed so much that I must change my underpants due to incontinence so I stop to get dressed for the day.

8:35am - 8:50am - get dressed, brush hair.

9:00am - 9:45am - Strap on The Vest for physical therapy to help loosen mucus in
my lungs. The session stops every 5 minutes to allow me to cough and spit the loosened mucus.

9:45am - 10:05am - inhale Pulmozyme via nebulizer.

10:05am - 10:35am - inhale Tobi antibiotic via nebulizer.

10:35am - prepare and eat breakfast of cereal with fruit and milk. Take pancreatic enzymes x3.

10:45am - Inhale Advair steroid, wash mouth out to prevent oral thrush (yeast
infection). Brush teeth.

11:00am - 11:40am (Cleaning process takes 15 minutes of my active participation)

Disassemble all 4 used nebulizers. Clean nebulizers using warm soapy water then sterilize them by leaving them in a bath of hydrogen peroxide for 30 minutes. Create sterile water by boiling for 15 minutes.

Put a load of laundry in the washer.

Drain hydrogen peroxide and rinse parts with sterile water. Put parts aside for use when they are dry.

11:45am - 12:30pm - place phone calls regarding scheduling medical appointments, paying medical bills or clearing up health insurance coverage issues.

12:30pm - 1:00pm - prepare and eat lunch consisting of leftover's, a sandwich or a frozen entrée. Take pancreatic enzymes x 3 and noon pills (4 total)

1:00pm - 1:15pm - clean breakfast and lunch dishes.

1:30pm -3:30pm - nap

3:30pm - eat a snack (yogurt or granola bar)

3:45pm - 4:15pm - Exercise lungs using Acapella handheld device to help loosen mucus in my lungs.

4:00pm - 5:00pm - Run an errand in the car (such as go to pharmacy to pick up prescriptions, make a deposit at the bank, etc.)

5:15pm - Husband and son return home from work/daycare. I watch son while husband prepares dinner.

6:00pm - Eat dinner with pancreatic enzymes x 3 and evening pills (4 total)
7:00pm - Put son to bed.

8:00pm -8:15pm - assemble nebulizers and insert medication.

8:15pm - 8:35pm - inhale albuterol (bronchial dilator) via nebulizer.

8:35pm - 9:20pm - inhale hypertonic saline via nebulizer.

Often times at this point I've coughed so much that I must change my underpants due to incontinence so I stop to get dressed for the night.

9:30pm - 10:15pm - Strap on The Vest for physical therapy to help loosen mucus in my lungs. The session stops every 5 minutes to allow me to cough and spit the loosened mucus.

10:15pm - 10:45pm - inhale Tobi antibiotic via nebulizer.

10:45 - eat a quick snack, take bedtime pills (4 total) and brush teeth.

11:00pm - go to bed.

3:00am - coughing attack wakes me.

LouLou

A lot! Raw treatments alone are 21 hrs. This does not include nor does your list include cleaning nebs, ordering meds, organizing meds, insurance phone calls, making appts, paying bills, picking up meds at pharmacy, meal preparations as well as shopping for high calorie diet....

When I applied for SSDI in 2007 they wanted to know about my day this is how I responded:
My Day
7:00am wake up,

On the way to the bathroom a coughing fit usually requires me to catch my breath and rest.

7:00am - 7:15am - prepare a high caloric shake since many of my AM meds are to be taken with food yet eating a breakfast consisting of solids will result in vomiting during my AM physical therapy session.

Take 6 pills.

7:15am - 7:30am - assemble nebulizers and insert medication.

7:30am - 7:50am - inhale albuterol (bronchial dilator) via nebulizer.

7:50am - 8:35am - inhale hypertonic saline via nebulizer.

Often times at this point I've coughed so much that I must change my underpants due to incontinence so I stop to get dressed for the day.

8:35am - 8:50am - get dressed, brush hair.

9:00am - 9:45am - Strap on The Vest for physical therapy to help loosen mucus in
my lungs. The session stops every 5 minutes to allow me to cough and spit the loosened mucus.

9:45am - 10:05am - inhale Pulmozyme via nebulizer.

10:05am - 10:35am - inhale Tobi antibiotic via nebulizer.

10:35am - prepare and eat breakfast of cereal with fruit and milk. Take pancreatic enzymes x3.

10:45am - Inhale Advair steroid, wash mouth out to prevent oral thrush (yeast
infection). Brush teeth.

11:00am - 11:40am (Cleaning process takes 15 minutes of my active participation)

Disassemble all 4 used nebulizers. Clean nebulizers using warm soapy water then sterilize them by leaving them in a bath of hydrogen peroxide for 30 minutes. Create sterile water by boiling for 15 minutes.

Put a load of laundry in the washer.

Drain hydrogen peroxide and rinse parts with sterile water. Put parts aside for use when they are dry.

11:45am - 12:30pm - place phone calls regarding scheduling medical appointments, paying medical bills or clearing up health insurance coverage issues.

12:30pm - 1:00pm - prepare and eat lunch consisting of leftover's, a sandwich or a frozen entrée. Take pancreatic enzymes x 3 and noon pills (4 total)

1:00pm - 1:15pm - clean breakfast and lunch dishes.

1:30pm -3:30pm - nap

3:30pm - eat a snack (yogurt or granola bar)

3:45pm - 4:15pm - Exercise lungs using Acapella handheld device to help loosen mucus in my lungs.

4:00pm - 5:00pm - Run an errand in the car (such as go to pharmacy to pick up prescriptions, make a deposit at the bank, etc.)

5:15pm - Husband and son return home from work/daycare. I watch son while husband prepares dinner.

6:00pm - Eat dinner with pancreatic enzymes x 3 and evening pills (4 total)
7:00pm - Put son to bed.

8:00pm -8:15pm - assemble nebulizers and insert medication.

8:15pm - 8:35pm - inhale albuterol (bronchial dilator) via nebulizer.

8:35pm - 9:20pm - inhale hypertonic saline via nebulizer.

Often times at this point I've coughed so much that I must change my underpants due to incontinence so I stop to get dressed for the night.

9:30pm - 10:15pm - Strap on The Vest for physical therapy to help loosen mucus in my lungs. The session stops every 5 minutes to allow me to cough and spit the loosened mucus.

10:15pm - 10:45pm - inhale Tobi antibiotic via nebulizer.

10:45 - eat a quick snack, take bedtime pills (4 total) and brush teeth.

11:00pm - go to bed.

3:00am - coughing attack wakes me.