How many of you go to a CF Care Center?

Allie

I think a private pulmonologist is amybe only for those willing to take a really active part in thier care. Not to say it is bad if you want someone to always tell you what do, but people are different. Ry's pulmo had no issue talking about CFF guidlines, and then what Ry thought he really needed, they often collaborated on care, talking about new treatments, things to try, what Ry would and wouldn't agree to. Ry liked having that much of a say in his care, and kept up on CF treatments, as did his pulmo. Between the two of them, Ry's health was much better in private care.

I honestly don't think there is a right or wrong here. Some people have great Cf clinics, and do great there. Some people have great pulmos, and do great there. I would actually suggest trying both, and seeing which is a better fit.

Momtana

I am very happy at National Jewish in Denver. I see the same doctor each visit and typically correspond with one of the two nurses, though I like them both. It is a 10 hour drive or a plane flight. After all these years I am happy to work with people who know what to do with me.