how many...

cfgirl2008

how many meals do you usually eat a day or snacks? How many calories does your doctor tell you your suppose to have each day?

tiffany 15 w/cf

JazzysMom

I am not usually close to what my doctor would like, but it is working for me. I only eat 2 actual meals a day. Usually brunch/lunch around 11:30 or so which can be anything from left over chinese food to a tuna sandwhich, yogurt & soup. Dinner which is at 4:30 (early I know) is some type of meat, starch & veggie. I am good until bedtime where I have a high calorie snack anything from half a package of oreos with milk to a 14 oz container of cottage cheese with fruit. In between I throw a shake or two in depending on my mood. If I am healthy this diet keeps my weight up. If I am sick I tend to rely more on the shakes because I dont want to eat. My doctor would like me to have 3000 calories a day, but she would be satisfied with 2000-2500. If you count everything I put on my food (butter, cheese, etc) even tho I dont eat often I eat fairly close to the 2000 calorie mark. I do know that since using prescription antacids it has made a difference for me even tho it is the generic version of zantac.