How old is the oldest person getting a tx?

F

fr3ak

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Hey fr3ak, where do you live... and why wont they do a tx if you 40? Joni... 55 y/o f w c/f </end quote></div>

Australia

I was told by my tx drs that they wont do you if you are over 40 because there was too much of a risk, and the success rate of survival was too low.... They also said that after 40 years of heavy IV Abs our kidneys are other organs would not cope....

It could be due to the fact that australia hasn't been doing tx's for as long as other countries, or the fact that we have such a shortage of organs. Not sure.

I was told the above

F

fr3ak

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Hey fr3ak, where do you live... and why wont they do a tx if you 40? Joni... 55 y/o f w c/f </end quote></div>

Australia

I was told by my tx drs that they wont do you if you are over 40 because there was too much of a risk, and the success rate of survival was too low.... They also said that after 40 years of heavy IV Abs our kidneys are other organs would not cope....

It could be due to the fact that australia hasn't been doing tx's for as long as other countries, or the fact that we have such a shortage of organs. Not sure.

I was told the above

F

fr3ak

Australia

I was told the above