How old were you when you were first hospitalized for lung function?

Treble

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Incomudrox</b></i>

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Treble</b></i>

I don't even know, lol.

I have memories of being in the hospital leading back to age 5, and I dunno what went on before that really so... I guess 5?

It was normally a yearly thing for me too up until... 2 (going on 3 soon) years ago when I starting lifting (every other day, never enough to leave me dead tired tho else I get sick real fast) and really managing my diet and taking vitamins C/D/Iron every day, trying to take in atleast 70g's of protein per day via meat/ensures/breads/etc, and staying in the AC as opposed to trying to go out in the summer when it's humid or rainy (winter is my outdoors time :> ).

It's worked wonders so far too. I used to hover around 30% FEV1, and now I havn't been below 50% in sooooo long, lol.</end quote>

How old are you now? Also you only weight 70lbs?.... Also I'm pretty sure bread does not have protein unless you are baking whey into bread? Which would destory the protein... Obviously though whatever you are doing works for you. I'd try to eat 1g protein per pound you weigh though.</end quote>

<br>lololol<br>- I'm 25- I weight 106 pounds (around 98 without working out)- Go read the back of a bread bag and you'll see protein in the nutritional facts. :> There's even bread out there specifically made with extra protein in it that has almost 14g's per slice- Eating 1g of protein per pound is not a good way to take in protein. You can measure how much you'll need based on body weight, but that's something that's really only ment for hardcore body builders.IE, someone of my weight would need about 70-80g's of protein per day if taking lifting very seriously, where as someone who weighs 140 pounds needs closer to 100g's a day.

Treble

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Incomudrox</b></i>

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Treble</b></i>

I don't even know, lol.

I have memories of being in the hospital leading back to age 5, and I dunno what went on before that really so... I guess 5?

It was normally a yearly thing for me too up until... 2 (going on 3 soon) years ago when I starting lifting (every other day, never enough to leave me dead tired tho else I get sick real fast) and really managing my diet and taking vitamins C/D/Iron every day, trying to take in atleast 70g's of protein per day via meat/ensures/breads/etc, and staying in the AC as opposed to trying to go out in the summer when it's humid or rainy (winter is my outdoors time :> ).

It's worked wonders so far too. I used to hover around 30% FEV1, and now I havn't been below 50% in sooooo long, lol.</end quote>

How old are you now? Also you only weight 70lbs?.... Also I'm pretty sure bread does not have protein unless you are baking whey into bread? Which would destory the protein... Obviously though whatever you are doing works for you. I'd try to eat 1g protein per pound you weigh though.</end quote>

<br>lololol<br>- I'm 25- I weight 106 pounds (around 98 without working out)- Go read the back of a bread bag and you'll see protein in the nutritional facts. :> There's even bread out there specifically made with extra protein in it that has almost 14g's per slice- Eating 1g of protein per pound is not a good way to take in protein. You can measure how much you'll need based on body weight, but that's something that's really only ment for hardcore body builders.IE, someone of my weight would need about 70-80g's of protein per day if taking lifting very seriously, where as someone who weighs 140 pounds needs closer to 100g's a day.

Incomudrox

The bag for the bread is worthless really. Protein gets destroyed when it is heated. The hydrogen bonds that help to bond the amino acids chains together becomes significantly weaker and loses almost all benefit. This is why Hydrolyzed Whey protein isolate is such a bitch. Also when it's heated it makes it harder for the body to take in because the protein unravels so to speak. Proper amino acid's form or form of protein should be three dimensional in structured. Protein that is heated is not plain and simple. The protein in your bread is worthless. Nice try chief. The "protein" you are eating still weights out but your body is getting almost none of it. If you are working out seriously you should be eating in the range of 100-150g protein per day especially on days you work out. Someone who is 140 should be eating 150-200g protein a day. CF is a wasting disease to an extent you need much more protein that you are taking in, especially because you are "bodybuidling". So keep eating your destroyed proteins. When you consume cooked meat it is different because meat especially red meat boosts the production of albumin and pre-albumin in the body. Key building blocks for cells and to help recover from a work out. Also if you are working out and have CF chances are your glycogen uptake sucks, so you might as well start taking ALA and Creatine or just stop because the gains are minimal. You better be really short for being 106 and working out. Especially if you drop down to 98 when not working out, just proves that CF is a wasting condition. So TROLOLOLOL to you to.

Incomudrox

The bag for the bread is worthless really. Protein gets destroyed when it is heated. The hydrogen bonds that help to bond the amino acids chains together becomes significantly weaker and loses almost all benefit. This is why Hydrolyzed Whey protein isolate is such a bitch. Also when it's heated it makes it harder for the body to take in because the protein unravels so to speak. Proper amino acid's form or form of protein should be three dimensional in structured. Protein that is heated is not plain and simple. The protein in your bread is worthless. Nice try chief. The "protein" you are eating still weights out but your body is getting almost none of it. If you are working out seriously you should be eating in the range of 100-150g protein per day especially on days you work out. Someone who is 140 should be eating 150-200g protein a day. CF is a wasting disease to an extent you need much more protein that you are taking in, especially because you are "bodybuidling". So keep eating your destroyed proteins. When you consume cooked meat it is different because meat especially red meat boosts the production of albumin and pre-albumin in the body. Key building blocks for cells and to help recover from a work out. Also if you are working out and have CF chances are your glycogen uptake sucks, so you might as well start taking ALA and Creatine or just stop because the gains are minimal. You better be really short for being 106 and working out. Especially if you drop down to 98 when not working out, just proves that CF is a wasting condition. So TROLOLOLOL to you to.

Incomudrox

<br />

Printer

I was dx at 47 and hospitalized for lung problems at 48. When I was a kid, nobody went to the hospital unless you were having surgery. Then the Doctor came to the house. Really.

Bill

Printer

I was dx at 47 and hospitalized for lung problems at 48. When I was a kid, nobody went to the hospital unless you were having surgery. Then the Doctor came to the house. Really.

Bill

Printer

<br />
<br />Bill

B

BikerEd

almost yearly between (1) and late teens, then about every other year around; (20) to (28). Once for CF at (38) and once cause i picked up this really awesome bug, but it did not affect my lungs oddly enough.

B

BikerEd

almost yearly between (1) and late teens, then about every other year around; (20) to (28). Once for CF at (38) and once cause i picked up this really awesome bug, but it did not affect my lungs oddly enough.

B

BikerEd

<br />