How open are you about CF?

b12bc

I understand your point Colin, and I respect and admire your openness about it. I really don't consider being private as lying or denying who I am (I'm not sure if that part was directed at me or not), and if somebody outright asks what is wrong, I do answer honestly. I just don't tend to have the energy or motivation to say any more than I have to. And I'll say again that my close friends DO know - between having to check my glucose 10 times a day and doing treatments and taking pills every time I eat, it would be impossible to hide. My friends would be my friends if I had 5 arms and a tail. They aren't the people that bother me. Even the kind, well-intentioned, curious ones don't bother me. I guess I have just had too many run-ins with people who treat me like dirt or like I'm an invalid because I ended up with some shitty genes and cough a lot. If I CAN avoid that, why wouldn't I?

b12bc

I understand your point Colin, and I respect and admire your openness about it. I really don't consider being private as lying or denying who I am (I'm not sure if that part was directed at me or not), and if somebody outright asks what is wrong, I do answer honestly. I just don't tend to have the energy or motivation to say any more than I have to. And I'll say again that my close friends DO know - between having to check my glucose 10 times a day and doing treatments and taking pills every time I eat, it would be impossible to hide. My friends would be my friends if I had 5 arms and a tail. They aren't the people that bother me. Even the kind, well-intentioned, curious ones don't bother me. I guess I have just had too many run-ins with people who treat me like dirt or like I'm an invalid because I ended up with some shitty genes and cough a lot. If I CAN avoid that, why wouldn't I?