How responsive is your clinic?

lmattaway

The two adult clinics I've experienced: National Jewish in Denver and Northwestern/Children's Memorial in Chicago have both been extremely attentive. Emails or phone calls are always returned that day and scripts are quickly called in and addressed. I feel very grateful to have had such good interactions and dialogue with the staff of both clinics.

My parents listened to Dr. Beall (Pres of CFF) speak last week in Reading, PA and one of the things he mentioned was how they're attempting to standardize care for CF clinics. It's a long road and hard process but it's on their radar and they know it needs done.

lmattaway

The two adult clinics I've experienced: National Jewish in Denver and Northwestern/Children's Memorial in Chicago have both been extremely attentive. Emails or phone calls are always returned that day and scripts are quickly called in and addressed. I feel very grateful to have had such good interactions and dialogue with the staff of both clinics.

My parents listened to Dr. Beall (Pres of CFF) speak last week in Reading, PA and one of the things he mentioned was how they're attempting to standardize care for CF clinics. It's a long road and hard process but it's on their radar and they know it needs done.

lmattaway

lmattaway

lmattaway

<br />
<br />My parents listened to Dr. Beall (Pres of CFF) speak last week in Reading, PA and one of the things he mentioned was how they're attempting to standardize care for CF clinics. It's a long road and hard process but it's on their radar and they know it needs done.

MaryamsMommy

For the most part my daughters CF clinic is pretty good. They have grown over the last few years. And we have only 1 CF Nurse Cordinator. She is great but poor lady is over worked. I always know when I can get in touch with her. 6am lol like clock work even on the weekends. I wonder how many other parents have cought on to the early am call system. If i do leave a message I get a response usually the same day at the latest the day after. We have 2 CF clinic days a week. Tuesday afternoons. After 1pm and Friday mornings befor noon. Fridays are reserved for babies or children who have had only clean cultures. Once u Culture PA or worse ur moved to Tuesdays. We have only ever went Tuesdays. We see GI at the same time. My biggest Problem is the Length of appointments. And the difference in the treatment from one attending to another. Some are more proactive and agressive while others take the wait and see aproach. I prefer the agressive one. But when you have a Clinic with 4 or 5 attendings and 4-5 fellows there is always a bumpping of heads.

Karen Mommy to Maryam
9 with CF

MaryamsMommy

For the most part my daughters CF clinic is pretty good. They have grown over the last few years. And we have only 1 CF Nurse Cordinator. She is great but poor lady is over worked. I always know when I can get in touch with her. 6am lol like clock work even on the weekends. I wonder how many other parents have cought on to the early am call system. If i do leave a message I get a response usually the same day at the latest the day after. We have 2 CF clinic days a week. Tuesday afternoons. After 1pm and Friday mornings befor noon. Fridays are reserved for babies or children who have had only clean cultures. Once u Culture PA or worse ur moved to Tuesdays. We have only ever went Tuesdays. We see GI at the same time. My biggest Problem is the Length of appointments. And the difference in the treatment from one attending to another. Some are more proactive and agressive while others take the wait and see aproach. I prefer the agressive one. But when you have a Clinic with 4 or 5 attendings and 4-5 fellows there is always a bumpping of heads.

Karen Mommy to Maryam
9 with CF

MaryamsMommy

Karen Mommy to Maryam
9 with CF

MaryamsMommy

Karen Mommy to Maryam
9 with CF

MaryamsMommy

<br />
<br />Karen Mommy to Maryam
<br />9 with CF

Skye

the larger center I go to in Ohio has a line you call and it asks if it is a sick call or other issue. Sick calls are returned within a few hours and other needs are addressed the same day. I have my nurses and doctors e-mail address. They are a very busy clinic with close to 500 patients; but, they seem to have a very good handle on things. They have CF clinic for adults and peds two days every week.

i have a local very small clinic that sees less than 30 patients. Their response time is not as great. Sometimes a couple of days. They use to be very very good and then the doctor and nurse changed. I think it is just a matter of priorities and quality awareness.

Skye

the larger center I go to in Ohio has a line you call and it asks if it is a sick call or other issue. Sick calls are returned within a few hours and other needs are addressed the same day. I have my nurses and doctors e-mail address. They are a very busy clinic with close to 500 patients; but, they seem to have a very good handle on things. They have CF clinic for adults and peds two days every week.

i have a local very small clinic that sees less than 30 patients. Their response time is not as great. Sometimes a couple of days. They use to be very very good and then the doctor and nurse changed. I think it is just a matter of priorities and quality awareness.

Skye

Skye

Skye

<br />
<br />i have a local very small clinic that sees less than 30 patients. Their response time is not as great. Sometimes a couple of days. They use to be very very good and then the doctor and nurse changed. I think it is just a matter of priorities and quality awareness.

JennifersHope

My clinic so far exceeds any expectations I could have ever dreamed of.. I go to MUSC, in Charleston.. (adult clinic the entire team is the best in the world.. I am sure of it.

The Nurse Sue gets back to you immediately, The RT Mary is the most compassionate person ever and the two doctors, Dr Stenbit and DR Flume just kick ass, they are a great compliment to each other.

I would be lost without them...I never have to wait for anything ever, they get back to me right away, and are very much part of my "family" now

JennifersHope

My clinic so far exceeds any expectations I could have ever dreamed of.. I go to MUSC, in Charleston.. (adult clinic the entire team is the best in the world.. I am sure of it.

The Nurse Sue gets back to you immediately, The RT Mary is the most compassionate person ever and the two doctors, Dr Stenbit and DR Flume just kick ass, they are a great compliment to each other.

I would be lost without them...I never have to wait for anything ever, they get back to me right away, and are very much part of my "family" now

JennifersHope

JennifersHope

JennifersHope

<br />
<br />The Nurse Sue gets back to you immediately, The RT Mary is the most compassionate person ever and the two doctors, Dr Stenbit and DR Flume just kick ass, they are a great compliment to each other.
<br />
<br />I would be lost without them...I never have to wait for anything ever, they get back to me right away, and are very much part of my "family" now