how tall are you?how much do you weigh?

Melissa75

Administrator
I was doing some research about alpha-1 antitrypsin deficiency--what has been considered a possible cause for my bronchiectasis--and looking at whether gene combos that cause variations in this "substance" are researched in people with CF. A1AT in layman's terms helps with repairing damage to lungs during infection.
<br />
<br />I found a study of people with CF and with different gene combinations for A1AT--looking for amount of A1AT each person made and severity of pulmonary disease. The results of the study, and the reason I am (not) randomly posting it in this thread :), were that:
<br />
<br />A1AT genotype was not associated with severity of disease nor with amount of this good stuff made during an exacerbation...BMI was.
<br />
<br />Keeping that weight on is so important.
<br />
<br />FWIW 5'5" 118, an increase since starting to rock climb (indoors)
<br />
<br /><a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12689922">http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12689922</a>

Twistofchaos

I'm 30, 5"9 and 140-145 pounds / 1.75m and 65kg.

I used to be around 120 pounds forever but for over two years now I dropped cardio and use all my energy to specificly train to gain muscle/weight and strength. I've also been more healthy/constant for a while now so I'd say that's not working too bad.

Got more sick late adolescence and kinda stopped growing and my bonestructure is fairly light like a "stereotypical CF'er". (Ha! No such thing.) Think I would of been a little taller otherwise but it's ok.

Twistofchaos

I used to be around 120 pounds forever but for over two years now I dropped cardio and use all my energy to specificly train to gain muscle/weight and strength. I've also been more healthy/constant for a while now so I'd say that's not working too bad.

Got more sick late adolescence and kinda stopped growing and my bonestructure is fairly light like a "stereotypical CF'er". (Ha! No such thing.) Think I would of been a little taller otherwise but it's ok.

Twistofchaos

<br />
<br />I used to be around 120 pounds forever but for over two years now I dropped cardio and use all my energy to specificly train to gain muscle/weight and strength. I've also been more healthy/constant for a while now so I'd say that's not working too bad.
<br />
<br />Got more sick late adolescence and kinda stopped growing and my bonestructure is fairly light like a "stereotypical CF'er". (Ha! No such thing.) Think I would of been a little taller otherwise but it's ok.