how to find a respiratory therapist

Scarlett81

Wow this has been so frustrating. I made literally 20 phone calls today to various physical therapy places, gyms, hospitals, visiting nurse associations, ect....natta.
It is getting me thinking wow-here I am doing all I can do to get well and no one is willing to help me. I mean, I should say, people have been very nice but visiting resp therapists just don't exist. There is one company is Nj but they can't take me bc I'm too far. There's a few visiting nurse companies that do it, but again-they all seem too far. I don't live in Timbucktoo....but everyone seems to be saying, I am TOO FAR!!!!!!
So I found a local hospital that has visiting nurses and physical therapist and they said they don't generally do chest pt, but they would be willing to have one of their therapists trained by my cf center for me. So this is the most promising thing so far. We'll see if it works out.
I posted this as an fyi for anyone who needs this for the future.
I'd say, #1-you really have to do the research yourself and make the calls yourself to find someone. Don't necessarily assume that bc someone says its impossible to work out, that it really is.
And rather than accept that no one can do it for you, find a visiting health company that would be willing to have someone train their employees.
I remember the head of my cf centers respiratory department saying once that she'd be willing to come out to my area to train home health or any family members for me. So hopefully I can take her up on that offer.

Scarlett81

Wow this has been so frustrating. I made literally 20 phone calls today to various physical therapy places, gyms, hospitals, visiting nurse associations, ect....natta.
It is getting me thinking wow-here I am doing all I can do to get well and no one is willing to help me. I mean, I should say, people have been very nice but visiting resp therapists just don't exist. There is one company is Nj but they can't take me bc I'm too far. There's a few visiting nurse companies that do it, but again-they all seem too far. I don't live in Timbucktoo....but everyone seems to be saying, I am TOO FAR!!!!!!
So I found a local hospital that has visiting nurses and physical therapist and they said they don't generally do chest pt, but they would be willing to have one of their therapists trained by my cf center for me. So this is the most promising thing so far. We'll see if it works out.
I'd say, #1-you really have to do the research yourself and make the calls yourself to find someone. Don't necessarily assume that bc someone says its impossible to work out, that it really is.
And rather than accept that no one can do it for you, find a visiting health company that would be willing to have someone train their employees.
I remember the head of my cf centers respiratory department saying once that she'd be willing to come out to my area to train home health or any family members for me. So hopefully I can take her up on that offer.

Scarlett81

Scarlett81

Scarlett81

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Is there a college or university in your area that has a respiratory therapy program? Another thought would be to email the local CFF branch/chapter and see if they have any contacts.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Is there a college or university in your area that has a respiratory therapy program? Another thought would be to email the local CFF branch/chapter and see if they have any contacts.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

65rosessamurai

I see a new job opportunity for Graves!!!

Make a company that the RPT's come to your door!!

And, yes, college or university that's got a bunch of "soon to be's" that may even be looking for something to add to their resume?!

Too bad it's not like asking the neighboorhood kid to mow the lawn for ya!!

Hope some ideas turn out for ya!! Wish I could help in some way, if you were living in the Colorado area, I'd probably get a number for ya, my sister's got one heck-uv-a network out there!

65rosessamurai

And, yes, college or university that's got a bunch of "soon to be's" that may even be looking for something to add to their resume?!

Hope some ideas turn out for ya!! Wish I could help in some way, if you were living in the Colorado area, I'd probably get a number for ya, my sister's got one heck-uv-a network out there!

65rosessamurai

65rosessamurai

65rosessamurai

Scarlett81

Well nothing yet-
I've called every hosp and phys therapy center in within a 1hr radius.
BUT-Liza, thanks for suggesting I call my local cf chapter. I emailed a woman there and within hours she emailed back she would try to find something. They were SOOO nice.
I'd highly recommend cfers calling them for help with something if your cf center can't help you.

Scarlett81

Well nothing yet-
BUT-Liza, thanks for suggesting I call my local cf chapter. I emailed a woman there and within hours she emailed back she would try to find something. They were SOOO nice.
I'd highly recommend cfers calling them for help with something if your cf center can't help you.

Scarlett81

Well nothing yet-

Scarlett81

Well nothing yet-

Scarlett81

Well nothing yet-