How to get my meds

bananagirl

I have recently moved to Phoenix, Az for college and am having a terrible time getting my meds. My insurance has also changed which is making it even harder. At home I used the cf pharmacy, which was great. It it hard to use here though because my college is very slow on getting mail to us, and my meds need to be refrigerated so they can not sit, undelivered for a few days. Also my insurance company will no longer let me use the cf pharmacy. I have switched to CVS, but I am having a lot of trouble with them and they can not refill my Tobi or cayston. I decided to switch to Target, only to learn they also can not fill my tobi or cayston. I would love to use walgreens, which is what I used before I switched to cf pharmacy, but my insurance is no longer accepted there either. Does anyone live in the Phoenix area who had a similar problem and how did you solve it? What pharmacy should I use???? Please help! :confused:

SaraNoH

I live in Tucson and faced a similar problem this year. My insurance likes to change things up every freaking year and use different pharmacies and whatnot. Whatever, I'm still trying to figure it out. Just wondering, what insurance do you have?

Currently my insurance is having us use Express Scripts (for enzymes, hypertonic, cayston, and albuterol) and Cura Scripts (for dornase). They've been excellent so far, the pharmacies (I get the meds through mail delivery, but I think you can get them filled through Walgreens, but through Express Scripts, kind of in a roundabout way....).

I would suggest you
1. talk to someone at your college about the mail issue, see if there's something that can be done to ensure that you get your meds.
2. contact your insurance about which exact meds can be filled where and through whom (this could take awhile....).
3. Look into an alternate delivery address. Do you have a work address in Phoenix that you could use? Or friends that aren't in the dorms etc?

Good luck, let us know how it works out :)

bananagirl

I have talk with disabilities about the mail issue and they are willing to make it so I can get deliveries right to my dorm room, but I need a doctors note to do this. My mom and I were working on this at the beginning of the semester we contacted my doc a few times and they never got back to us. I plan on still working on this issue, but considering I only have 6 weeks left of the semester I figure nothing will really get worked out for this year. I also have no other address I could use in Phoenix, my friends all live on campus. The problem with the meds is not so much my insurance but that the places (CVS, Target...) say they can not fill the toni or the cayston because they don't have them and won't order them.