how to turn 10,000 unit creon capsule into 2500 units creon capsule

sweetninis

HiI m sorry if I sound silly but I just want to ask I have 10,000 unit of creon capsule but I have to give my daughter 2500 units of creon so how do I make 2500 units of creon capsule from 10,000 units of creon capsule.Plz reply soonThanks

ehtansky21

I would figure out the general amount of beads in the 10,000 cap and then divide that by 4. Then you can count out the estimated number of beads for 2500 units

blessings,
missa

sweetninis

Means I assume 4 portions of the amounts of beads in 10,000 unit capsule and every portion is 2500 units that means I have four 2500 units capsules out of one 10000 unit capsule am I right?

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, that sounds right. What I did when DS was a baby and happened to take 3 1/2 capsules of a different enzyme and couldn't swallow capsules yet. I emptied the contents into a day of the week pill box. So I wasn't having to count out that half or dump capsules out onto pureed baby food. I could just open the lid of the container containing one meal sized dose. I didn't save a large amount, just enough for the day's meals, as I was concerned with enzymes breaking down in more humid conditions if left out for too long of a time period.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
DS started on enzymes as a newborn taking Pancreacarb, was then switched to Pancrease MTs; however, Pancrease was reformulated to Pancreaze and our insurance won't cover it, so he was switched to Creon. Think there are about 4 or 5 different brands of enzymes -- zenpep and reformulated Ultrase are a couple other ones.

K

Kaethe108

We have "Kreon for children", its not in capsules, but the beads are measured with a little tiny kind of spoon. Every of these measuring cups contains 5000 units. For 2500 you just take half a spoon.

sweetninis

Thanks every one my confusion is very much resolved from your comments now I definitely know that it dosnt matter if I have 100000 unit capsule I can give my daughter 2500 units or as much as she needs thanks once again every one