How would I get six pack abs?

Enzo231103

so i am 15 and i have 17% body fat. My mom says its good to have a bit more body fat because then if i get six my body will lean on that fat. But i wanna get a six pack and i hear that u hav to hav 8% but my mom says thats unhealthy cause of my cf. So how can i get a six pack abs ? I have a mild case of cf, the prob is that i bloat. So any way at all to get a 6 pack, if u have one how did u get them?

Enzo231103

so i am 15 and i have 17% body fat. My mom says its good to have a bit more body fat because then if i get six my body will lean on that fat. But i wanna get a six pack and i hear that u hav to hav 8% but my mom says thats unhealthy cause of my cf. So how can i get a six pack abs ? I have a mild case of cf, the prob is that i bloat. So any way at all to get a 6 pack, if u have one how did u get them?

Enzo231103

vbs420

You will get a six-pack abs (or other muscle definition) just like anyone else: proper diet and EXERCISE.

I have CF, I'm 36. I too struggled with this for two reasons:

With CF, exercise is discouraged, high fat diet is encouraged.

Not only does this sound stupid, it is stupid.

Get yourself to a gym and work-out. Earn that six-pack and muscle tone through natural means.

The notion of "storing" fat for when you get sick is silly, especially if you've got a strong & healthy muscle mass.

This is not medical advice, but merely my opinion. Message me if you want to discuss further.

vbs420

You will get a six-pack abs (or other muscle definition) just like anyone else: proper diet and EXERCISE.

I have CF, I'm 36. I too struggled with this for two reasons:

With CF, exercise is discouraged, high fat diet is encouraged.

Not only does this sound stupid, it is stupid.

Get yourself to a gym and work-out. Earn that six-pack and muscle tone through natural means.

The notion of "storing" fat for when you get sick is silly, especially if you've got a strong & healthy muscle mass.

This is not medical advice, but merely my opinion. Message me if you want to discuss further.

vbs420

<br />
<br />I have CF, I'm 36. I too struggled with this for two reasons:
<br />
<br />With CF, exercise is discouraged, high fat diet is encouraged.
<br />
<br />Not only does this sound stupid, it is stupid.
<br />
<br />Get yourself to a gym and work-out. Earn that six-pack and muscle tone through natural means.
<br />
<br />The notion of "storing" fat for when you get sick is silly, especially if you've got a strong & healthy muscle mass.
<br />
<br />This is not medical advice, but merely my opinion. Message me if you want to discuss further.

to be honest when i was in high school i had a six pack. and YES im a girl. lol. sometimes it just happens because of all the coughing you constantly do trying to bring up mucus. and having PE as well. it just happened to me. haha.
AND its not a bad thing because if you end up in the hospital the muscle you have accumulated turns into fat if it is not worked out.
my dr.s want me to exercise and muscle weights more than fat...so obviously its the better choice.

to be honest when i was in high school i had a six pack. and YES im a girl. lol. sometimes it just happens because of all the coughing you constantly do trying to bring up mucus. and having PE as well. it just happened to me. haha.
AND its not a bad thing because if you end up in the hospital the muscle you have accumulated turns into fat if it is not worked out.
my dr.s want me to exercise and muscle weights more than fat...so obviously its the better choice.

<br />AND its not a bad thing because if you end up in the hospital the muscle you have accumulated turns into fat if it is not worked out.
<br />my dr.s want me to exercise and muscle weights more than fat...so obviously its the better choice.

robert321

I'm not sure where you got the idea that excersize is discouraged for people with cf, in fact it's even more important to be active. Excersize, lift weights, run, swim, play sports, its good for you. The activity breaks up stuff in the lungs and increases lung function. Building muscle mass does the same as building fat. A fat person is never a "healthy" person even with cf. I have a 6 pack (or something close enough) and don't do any excersize per say, I stay active but don't do any specific weight training or running etc.
Talk to your dietican about it but I see no reason to not work out, in fact I've never heard of it being discouraged. Having the higher fat percentage is good and being a little bit "chunky" is good for a cfer, but if you can turn that fat into muscle it would be even better. Whatever you do, don't go on a diet to lose weight to get your fat levels low enough for defined muscles. That isn't how you build muscle whether or not you have cf. Talk to your dr and dietician and find a workout schedule that works for you till you have all the muscle definition you could ever want then keep at it, it's good for you.
But, all this being said; talk to your doctor first! A healthy person to should talk to their doctor before starting a workout regimine and certainly a cfer has additional concerns to doing so.

One more thing to add about this. If you really want to build muscles, it would be a whole lot easier if you are 100% compliant. Don't miss treatments. If you're noncompliant I can't imagine you having any luck with it. If you're not taking your enzymes, you'll have trouble getting enough nutrition to build any muscle. If you're off your antibiotics, your body will be too busy fighting infection to build muscle. If you're off your nebulized treatments your lungs will struggle to provide enough oxygen to your muscles. If you're neglecting your vitamins you will be in general messed up and incapable of building muscle. It all comes together with exersize and diet to create a healthy and strong person.

robert321

I'm not sure where you got the idea that excersize is discouraged for people with cf, in fact it's even more important to be active. Excersize, lift weights, run, swim, play sports, its good for you. The activity breaks up stuff in the lungs and increases lung function. Building muscle mass does the same as building fat. A fat person is never a "healthy" person even with cf. I have a 6 pack (or something close enough) and don't do any excersize per say, I stay active but don't do any specific weight training or running etc.
Talk to your dietican about it but I see no reason to not work out, in fact I've never heard of it being discouraged. Having the higher fat percentage is good and being a little bit "chunky" is good for a cfer, but if you can turn that fat into muscle it would be even better. Whatever you do, don't go on a diet to lose weight to get your fat levels low enough for defined muscles. That isn't how you build muscle whether or not you have cf. Talk to your dr and dietician and find a workout schedule that works for you till you have all the muscle definition you could ever want then keep at it, it's good for you.
But, all this being said; talk to your doctor first! A healthy person to should talk to their doctor before starting a workout regimine and certainly a cfer has additional concerns to doing so.

One more thing to add about this. If you really want to build muscles, it would be a whole lot easier if you are 100% compliant. Don't miss treatments. If you're noncompliant I can't imagine you having any luck with it. If you're not taking your enzymes, you'll have trouble getting enough nutrition to build any muscle. If you're off your antibiotics, your body will be too busy fighting infection to build muscle. If you're off your nebulized treatments your lungs will struggle to provide enough oxygen to your muscles. If you're neglecting your vitamins you will be in general messed up and incapable of building muscle. It all comes together with exersize and diet to create a healthy and strong person.

robert321

<br />Talk to your dietican about it but I see no reason to not work out, in fact I've never heard of it being discouraged. Having the higher fat percentage is good and being a little bit "chunky" is good for a cfer, but if you can turn that fat into muscle it would be even better. Whatever you do, don't go on a diet to lose weight to get your fat levels low enough for defined muscles. That isn't how you build muscle whether or not you have cf. Talk to your dr and dietician and find a workout schedule that works for you till you have all the muscle definition you could ever want then keep at it, it's good for you.
<br />But, all this being said; talk to your doctor first! A healthy person to should talk to their doctor before starting a workout regimine and certainly a cfer has additional concerns to doing so.
<br />
<br />One more thing to add about this. If you really want to build muscles, it would be a whole lot easier if you are 100% compliant. Don't miss treatments. If you're noncompliant I can't imagine you having any luck with it. If you're not taking your enzymes, you'll have trouble getting enough nutrition to build any muscle. If you're off your antibiotics, your body will be too busy fighting infection to build muscle. If you're off your nebulized treatments your lungs will struggle to provide enough oxygen to your muscles. If you're neglecting your vitamins you will be in general messed up and incapable of building muscle. It all comes together with exersize and diet to create a healthy and strong person.

runningforlife

okay well I have Cf and I run college track up in Oklahoma City University. honestly the best way to get abs is to do 6 inches alot... for practice here we do it for 9 mins straight of course I get "paid" in a sense to do this so it will be easier for me to do than for you. But it will define the bottom two abs ( which are the hardest to get) also do V ups... which is when you pick up your legs and torso and make a v shape this will work on the top two abs... the middle two will come naturally from these two workouts plus just regular crunches.. not sit ups.. running will help so will jump ropes... and the % body fat wont matter since ppl on my team have a very diverse range of that.. i have 3% but i have to eat constantly so this i woldnt recommend ( constantly as in the school buys me three buffets a day).. well let me know if this helps

runningforlife

okay well I have Cf and I run college track up in Oklahoma City University. honestly the best way to get abs is to do 6 inches alot... for practice here we do it for 9 mins straight of course I get "paid" in a sense to do this so it will be easier for me to do than for you. But it will define the bottom two abs ( which are the hardest to get) also do V ups... which is when you pick up your legs and torso and make a v shape this will work on the top two abs... the middle two will come naturally from these two workouts plus just regular crunches.. not sit ups.. running will help so will jump ropes... and the % body fat wont matter since ppl on my team have a very diverse range of that.. i have 3% but i have to eat constantly so this i woldnt recommend ( constantly as in the school buys me three buffets a day).. well let me know if this helps

runningforlife

lyciusfox23

yea, enough said i have a 6 pack too. excercise and good food man. i walked across the country with a backpack, mountain climbing,biking,hiking even cutting firewood. im not saying those things will build a six pack but itll keep you healthy and make you strong. dont let anyone ever tell you that you cant be like everyone else because you can if you jus take good care of yourself. most of my teenage years it was like i didnt even know i had it. i did my treatments and got tune ups of course but hey, dont we all?

lyciusfox23

yea, enough said i have a 6 pack too. excercise and good food man. i walked across the country with a backpack, mountain climbing,biking,hiking even cutting firewood. im not saying those things will build a six pack but itll keep you healthy and make you strong. dont let anyone ever tell you that you cant be like everyone else because you can if you jus take good care of yourself. most of my teenage years it was like i didnt even know i had it. i did my treatments and got tune ups of course but hey, dont we all?