How would I get six pack abs?

lyciusfox23

yea, enough said i have a 6 pack too. excercise and good food man. i walked across the country with a backpack, mountain climbing,biking,hiking even cutting firewood. im not saying those things will build a six pack but itll keep you healthy and make you strong. dont let anyone ever tell you that you cant be like everyone else because you can if you jus take good care of yourself. most of my teenage years it was like i didnt even know i had it. i did my treatments and got tune ups of course but hey, dont we all?

A

AubreyKH

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>vbs420</b></i>

You will get a six-pack abs (or other muscle definition) just like anyone else: proper diet and EXERCISE.

I have CF, I'm 36. I too struggled with this for two reasons:

With CF, <b>exercise is discouraged</b>, high fat diet is encouraged.

Not only does this sound stupid, it is stupid.

Get yourself to a gym and work-out. Earn that six-pack and muscle tone through natural means.

The notion of "storing" fat for when you get sick is silly, especially if you've got a strong & healthy muscle mass.

This is not medical advice, but merely my opinion. Message me if you want to discuss further.</end quote></div>

My CF doctor encourages that I be involved in sports if possible... I've never heard differently. Excersize strengthens the lungs and airways, which makes it easier to get the mucus out.

A

AubreyKH

You will get a six-pack abs (or other muscle definition) just like anyone else: proper diet and EXERCISE.

I have CF, I'm 36. I too struggled with this for two reasons:

With CF, <b>exercise is discouraged</b>, high fat diet is encouraged.

Not only does this sound stupid, it is stupid.

Get yourself to a gym and work-out. Earn that six-pack and muscle tone through natural means.

The notion of "storing" fat for when you get sick is silly, especially if you've got a strong & healthy muscle mass.

This is not medical advice, but merely my opinion. Message me if you want to discuss further.</end quote>

My CF doctor encourages that I be involved in sports if possible... I've never heard differently. Excersize strengthens the lungs and airways, which makes it easier to get the mucus out.

A

AubreyKH

<br />
<br />You will get a six-pack abs (or other muscle definition) just like anyone else: proper diet and EXERCISE.
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />I have CF, I'm 36. I too struggled with this for two reasons:
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />With CF, <b>exercise is discouraged</b>, high fat diet is encouraged.
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />Not only does this sound stupid, it is stupid.
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />Get yourself to a gym and work-out. Earn that six-pack and muscle tone through natural means.
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />The notion of "storing" fat for when you get sick is silly, especially if you've got a strong & healthy muscle mass.
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />This is not medical advice, but merely my opinion. Message me if you want to discuss further.</end quote>
<br />
<br />My CF doctor encourages that I be involved in sports if possible... I've never heard differently. Excersize strengthens the lungs and airways, which makes it easier to get the mucus out.

summer732

I think you got a lot of feedback here, but I had to respond too.

Exercise in CF patients is again highly ENCOURAGED. You should be in the gym, hitting the treadmill, working out. Eat the food you need to to keep weight on, but do it healthy. There are healthy fats out there (advocado is one of them). Push yourself to do situps and other crunches.

Also, in high school, my parents would have done anything for me to workout so they got me a personal trainer. I know this isn't an option for everyone but I was ripped. I did it again like 2 years ago and put on a ton of muscle. Sometimes you just need someone else to jumpstart you a bit.

Keep exercising!

summer732

Exercise in CF patients is again highly ENCOURAGED. You should be in the gym, hitting the treadmill, working out. Eat the food you need to to keep weight on, but do it healthy. There are healthy fats out there (advocado is one of them). Push yourself to do situps and other crunches.

Also, in high school, my parents would have done anything for me to workout so they got me a personal trainer. I know this isn't an option for everyone but I was ripped. I did it again like 2 years ago and put on a ton of muscle. Sometimes you just need someone else to jumpstart you a bit.

Keep exercising!

summer732

<br />
<br />Exercise in CF patients is again highly ENCOURAGED. You should be in the gym, hitting the treadmill, working out. Eat the food you need to to keep weight on, but do it healthy. There are healthy fats out there (advocado is one of them). Push yourself to do situps and other crunches.
<br />
<br />Also, in high school, my parents would have done anything for me to workout so they got me a personal trainer. I know this isn't an option for everyone but I was ripped. I did it again like 2 years ago and put on a ton of muscle. Sometimes you just need someone else to jumpstart you a bit.
<br />
<br />Keep exercising!

Havoc

Yup you can certainly get a 6 pack. I have one and it was surprisingly easy, although when I was your age I was in gymnastics and swimming. These days I have to work a lot harder for it (I'll be 30 soon).

Havoc

Yup you can certainly get a 6 pack. I have one and it was surprisingly easy, although when I was your age I was in gymnastics and swimming. These days I have to work a lot harder for it (I'll be 30 soon).

Havoc