HS Percentage

Asexyblond23

They started me on 7% I mix the .09% and the 10%. Honestly it doesnt really make me cough much at all. I am thinking about asking them to bump me up.

Asexyblond23

They started me on 7% I mix the .09% and the 10%. Honestly it doesnt really make me cough much at all. I am thinking about asking them to bump me up.

Asexyblond23

coltsfan715

Hi there,

I started using 3% saline about 2 years ago or something like that. I used it for a while and my new docs wanted to try me on 7% to see if I tolerated it. Well I coughed plenty fine with the 3% and 7% made me cough til I popped a rib out of place. Now I still have the 7% prescription but I dilute it to 5% instead of 7% - I use 10% and .9% to get the 7% - or 5%.

5% makes me cough plenty to do the job - just a bit more than the 3% but not so hard like the 7%.

Take Care,
Lindsey

coltsfan715

Hi there,

I started using 3% saline about 2 years ago or something like that. I used it for a while and my new docs wanted to try me on 7% to see if I tolerated it. Well I coughed plenty fine with the 3% and 7% made me cough til I popped a rib out of place. Now I still have the 7% prescription but I dilute it to 5% instead of 7% - I use 10% and .9% to get the 7% - or 5%.

5% makes me cough plenty to do the job - just a bit more than the 3% but not so hard like the 7%.

Take Care,
Lindsey

coltsfan715

Hi there,

Take Care,
Lindsey

mum2kj

my daughter has just been put on this as she didnt make the 10% improvement for the pulmozyme.

They originally told her to do 2mls of 6% saline and 2 mls of tap water.

I really didn't want to give her tap water even if it was boiled.

so she is doing 6% of saline now and is tolerating it well. Not much coughing from it though. I dont know how deeply she is breathing it in though.

If she uses the pari neb then she gets a very painful sore throat. So she uses a normal neb cup that the hospital uses and she tolerated this well.

Do other ppl get very sore throats from Hypertonic saline? and what do you use for it?
I'm hoping to get a numbing spray from the chemist for her. She is also on tobramyacin and that gives her a sore throat too.

mum2kj

my daughter has just been put on this as she didnt make the 10% improvement for the pulmozyme.

so she is doing 6% of saline now and is tolerating it well. Not much coughing from it though. I dont know how deeply she is breathing it in though.

If she uses the pari neb then she gets a very painful sore throat. So she uses a normal neb cup that the hospital uses and she tolerated this well.

Do other ppl get very sore throats from Hypertonic saline? and what do you use for it?
I'm hoping to get a numbing spray from the chemist for her. She is also on tobramyacin and that gives her a sore throat too.

mum2kj