HUGE Follie!

mom2lillian

First congratulations and hope all goes well.

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Kristen</b></i>

I also had two follies in the 10mm range, which makes me wonder what will happen if I need to go on clomid or injectibles - will they all get huge & release an egg?
</end quote></div>

To answer your question it depends on what stims you went on and how much. For an IUI or FET (I am doing one soon so I just got the 'play book') they will do low level (in comparison to IVF) stim injections or same thing with clomid. With the stims you will make more eggs release or 'ripen' at the same time. They still will not all be the same size but you will have more of them that are the right size and then some that are hanging around smaller in size.

Also genereally my clinic likes to see them 19-20 but.... The reason I bring this up is because when I did my IVF I had some in the range they wanted and then some that were 'close' like 16-17 range and a # that were too small. Well I took the trigger and wouldn tyou know when I went in for the egg removal almost all of them were a good size so that trigger shot and that extra day really allows them a 'boost ripening' period to play catch up. I had been told this but I thought they were just trying to boost my spirits but no it really was true.

mom2lillian

I also had two follies in the 10mm range, which makes me wonder what will happen if I need to go on clomid or injectibles - will they all get huge & release an egg?
</end quote></div>

To answer your question it depends on what stims you went on and how much. For an IUI or FET (I am doing one soon so I just got the 'play book') they will do low level (in comparison to IVF) stim injections or same thing with clomid. With the stims you will make more eggs release or 'ripen' at the same time. They still will not all be the same size but you will have more of them that are the right size and then some that are hanging around smaller in size.

Also genereally my clinic likes to see them 19-20 but.... The reason I bring this up is because when I did my IVF I had some in the range they wanted and then some that were 'close' like 16-17 range and a # that were too small. Well I took the trigger and wouldn tyou know when I went in for the egg removal almost all of them were a good size so that trigger shot and that extra day really allows them a 'boost ripening' period to play catch up. I had been told this but I thought they were just trying to boost my spirits but no it really was true.

mom2lillian

</end quote></div>

mom2lillian

</end quote>

mom2lillian

<br />
<br /><div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Kristen</b></i>
<br />
<br />I also had two follies in the 10mm range, which makes me wonder what will happen if I need to go on clomid or injectibles - will they all get huge & release an egg?
<br /></end quote>
<br />
<br />To answer your question it depends on what stims you went on and how much. For an IUI or FET (I am doing one soon so I just got the 'play book') they will do low level (in comparison to IVF) stim injections or same thing with clomid. With the stims you will make more eggs release or 'ripen' at the same time. They still will not all be the same size but you will have more of them that are the right size and then some that are hanging around smaller in size.
<br />
<br />Also genereally my clinic likes to see them 19-20 but.... The reason I bring this up is because when I did my IVF I had some in the range they wanted and then some that were 'close' like 16-17 range and a # that were too small. Well I took the trigger and wouldn tyou know when I went in for the egg removal almost all of them were a good size so that trigger shot and that extra day really allows them a 'boost ripening' period to play catch up. I had been told this but I thought they were just trying to boost my spirits but no it really was true.