Human Growth Hormones

S

shazie81

I recently read a article about how Human Growth Hormones can help people with CF and so I was going to look into getting them for my two boys. So I was wondering if anyone had heard this also or have ever tried the HGH shots? Here is the article that I read. Any feed back would be nice.

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.theepochtimes.com/n2/content/view/43810/">The link for the article</a>

S

shazie81

I recently read a article about how Human Growth Hormones can help people with CF and so I was going to look into getting them for my two boys. So I was wondering if anyone had heard this also or have ever tried the HGH shots? Here is the article that I read. Any feed back would be nice.

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.theepochtimes.com/n2/content/view/43810/">The link for the article</a>

S

shazie81

<br />
<br /><a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.theepochtimes.com/n2/content/view/43810/">The link for the article</a>

robert321

I would be interested to know how it is suggested that it could extend the life of cfers. What does it do that would make it worth it? Taking HGH especailly at young ages can have some pretty serious side effects. The only specific benifits mentioned in the article is the potential to grow an extra inch and weigh 3 extra pounds. That doesn't sound like it's worth it to me.
I could suggest that polka dancing has the possibility to extend the life of a cfer, and really it could, the exercise and activity could have benifits. Tell me how HGH has the potential to extend the life of a cfer and don't just suggest it to me, you'll have to show me some evidence and research before I go do something as potentially hazardous as HGH can be, or dancing to polka music for that matter lol.

robert321

I would be interested to know how it is suggested that it could extend the life of cfers. What does it do that would make it worth it? Taking HGH especailly at young ages can have some pretty serious side effects. The only specific benifits mentioned in the article is the potential to grow an extra inch and weigh 3 extra pounds. That doesn't sound like it's worth it to me.
I could suggest that polka dancing has the possibility to extend the life of a cfer, and really it could, the exercise and activity could have benifits. Tell me how HGH has the potential to extend the life of a cfer and don't just suggest it to me, you'll have to show me some evidence and research before I go do something as potentially hazardous as HGH can be, or dancing to polka music for that matter lol.

robert321

<br />I could suggest that polka dancing has the possibility to extend the life of a cfer, and really it could, the exercise and activity could have benifits. Tell me how HGH has the potential to extend the life of a cfer and don't just suggest it to me, you'll have to show me some evidence and research before I go do something as potentially hazardous as HGH can be, or dancing to polka music for that matter lol.

PatrickM

I just came upon this today See if you can open it.

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.kvue.com/news/health/kids-doctor/104709089.html">http://www.kvue.com/news/healt...-doctor/104709089.html</a>

PatrickM

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.kvue.com/news/health/kids-doctor/104709089.html">http://www.kvue.com/news/healt...-doctor/104709089.html</a>

PatrickM

<br />
<br /><a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.kvue.com/news/health/kids-doctor/104709089.html">http://www.kvue.com/news/healt...-doctor/104709089.html</a>

hmw

This is really interesting!

The dr that is interviewed for this article is the director of our clinic; I'd like to ask him more about this study. Emily's cousin w/ CF had rhGH injections for a while a few years back (he also goes to this center) and did quite well with it. Not only did he grow several inches, but it improved his overall health.

Particularly interesting snippet from the above cited article:
<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>In the cases studied, the researchers found that human growth hormone added 1.25 inches in height and three pounds to the patients. That growth also resulted in larger internal organs, particularly the lungs, making breathing easier.?? HGH also appears to improve the mineral content in bones, making them stronger.

"For those who received human growth hormone, White said, annual hospitalizations decreased by half, from about three hospitalizations per year to one and half. HGH therapy can be expensive, but fewer hospitalizations should balance out the expense. "Hopefully, this is going to encourage cystic fibrosis care providers to use it more frequently in patients at the lower end of weight and of short stature," Lapin said of the findings.</end quote></div>

hmw

The dr that is interviewed for this article is the director of our clinic; I'd like to ask him more about this study. Emily's cousin w/ CF had rhGH injections for a while a few years back (he also goes to this center) and did quite well with it. Not only did he grow several inches, but it improved his overall health.

Particularly interesting snippet from the above cited article:
<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>In the cases studied, the researchers found that human growth hormone added 1.25 inches in height and three pounds to the patients. That growth also resulted in larger internal organs, particularly the lungs, making breathing easier.?? HGH also appears to improve the mineral content in bones, making them stronger.

"For those who received human growth hormone, White said, annual hospitalizations decreased by half, from about three hospitalizations per year to one and half. HGH therapy can be expensive, but fewer hospitalizations should balance out the expense. "Hopefully, this is going to encourage cystic fibrosis care providers to use it more frequently in patients at the lower end of weight and of short stature," Lapin said of the findings.</end quote>

hmw

<br />
<br />The dr that is interviewed for this article is the director of our clinic; I'd like to ask him more about this study. Emily's cousin w/ CF had rhGH injections for a while a few years back (he also goes to this center) and did quite well with it. Not only did he grow several inches, but it improved his overall health.
<br />
<br />Particularly interesting snippet from the above cited article:
<br /><div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>In the cases studied, the researchers found that human growth hormone added 1.25 inches in height and three pounds to the patients. That growth also resulted in larger internal organs, particularly the lungs, making breathing easier.?? HGH also appears to improve the mineral content in bones, making them stronger.
<br />
<br />"For those who received human growth hormone, White said, annual hospitalizations decreased by half, from about three hospitalizations per year to one and half. HGH therapy can be expensive, but fewer hospitalizations should balance out the expense. "Hopefully, this is going to encourage cystic fibrosis care providers to use it more frequently in patients at the lower end of weight and of short stature," Lapin said of the findings.</end quote>

ReneeP

Not to take away from the positive aspects of this study, but there are many side effects of growth hormones that should be taken very seriously. My daughter was put on Genotropin when she was 12 by her CF Dr. The reason for putting her on it was to boost her height. She was on it for a few months and then suddenly started having SEVERE headaches. After two trips to the ER and a spinal tap, she was diagnosed with Pseudo Tumor Cerebri, a direct result and known side effect of growth hormones. She had the spinal tap done at the ER at Cook Children's in Fort Worth and the dr who did it said he has done literally thousands of them and he had never seen a patient with as much fluid on her brain as my daughter had. He was dumbfounded. She had to continue seeing a neurologist and take medication for two years... not to mention constant eye exams because it can cause blindness. She is now almost 16 and thankfully seems to have recovered... although Pseudo Tumor Cerebri is something that is not truly cured and can start showing symptoms again at any time. We still have to take her to the neurologist at the first sign of major headaches returning. Oh, and of course, no more growth hormones for her... ever. Nor will I allow my other daughter who is 11 to ever take them.

I'm all for anything that can extend the life, especially the quality of life, for CF'ers but the side effects should be made very clear before a person starts taking them. At least that way people can make a more informed decision. Just something to consider...

ReneeP

Not to take away from the positive aspects of this study, but there are many side effects of growth hormones that should be taken very seriously. My daughter was put on Genotropin when she was 12 by her CF Dr. The reason for putting her on it was to boost her height. She was on it for a few months and then suddenly started having SEVERE headaches. After two trips to the ER and a spinal tap, she was diagnosed with Pseudo Tumor Cerebri, a direct result and known side effect of growth hormones. She had the spinal tap done at the ER at Cook Children's in Fort Worth and the dr who did it said he has done literally thousands of them and he had never seen a patient with as much fluid on her brain as my daughter had. He was dumbfounded. She had to continue seeing a neurologist and take medication for two years... not to mention constant eye exams because it can cause blindness. She is now almost 16 and thankfully seems to have recovered... although Pseudo Tumor Cerebri is something that is not truly cured and can start showing symptoms again at any time. We still have to take her to the neurologist at the first sign of major headaches returning. Oh, and of course, no more growth hormones for her... ever. Nor will I allow my other daughter who is 11 to ever take them.

I'm all for anything that can extend the life, especially the quality of life, for CF'ers but the side effects should be made very clear before a person starts taking them. At least that way people can make a more informed decision. Just something to consider...

ReneeP

<br />
<br />I'm all for anything that can extend the life, especially the quality of life, for CF'ers but the side effects should be made very clear before a person starts taking them. At least that way people can make a more informed decision. Just something to consider...