humane growth hormone therapy

anonymous

Yes, my son went from 5% in weight to 60% and height from 25% to 75%. He looks wonderful!! No more appetite problems and no G-tube!

Kimmiek

FYI, I did lots of research a few years ago on HGH and CF patients. It seems many other countries, other than the US use HGH from an early age with CF patients.

My brother (although not prescribed by his CF doctor) took HGH for a few years when he was in his early 20's, and honestly, I had never seen him look so good, he had very few hospitalizations and was rarely sick. (He was a personal trainer and got it, I believe from an "anti-ageing" clinic).

Do your research, and talk to your docs. But I would highly recommend it. It has several benefits other than just the weight/height gain for CFers...

Kimmiek

FYI, I did lots of research a few years ago on HGH and CF patients. It seems many other countries, other than the US use HGH from an early age with CF patients.

My brother (although not prescribed by his CF doctor) took HGH for a few years when he was in his early 20's, and honestly, I had never seen him look so good, he had very few hospitalizations and was rarely sick. (He was a personal trainer and got it, I believe from an "anti-ageing" clinic).

Do your research, and talk to your docs. But I would highly recommend it. It has several benefits other than just the weight/height gain for CFers...

Kimmiek

ReneeP

My 11 year old just started Genotropen about 5 weeks ago (minus one week because I messed up a bottle of medicine and had to wait for a new one)... We went to the dr on Tuesday and in just one month she grew one inch... Coincidence or not, it was a huge jump for her. She has always been under the 10% for her height... Amazing to see her growing... she also gained 2 lbs...

I was very nervous about starting Kaitlyn on it. I even posted a question her myself asking for advice but I am really glad we did. It hasn't been nearly as bad as I expected it to be. My 7 year old is jealous that her sister gets the "growing shots"... she wants to trade her daily nasal washes for the "growing shots".... lol

ReneeP

My 11 year old just started Genotropen about 5 weeks ago (minus one week because I messed up a bottle of medicine and had to wait for a new one)... We went to the dr on Tuesday and in just one month she grew one inch... Coincidence or not, it was a huge jump for her. She has always been under the 10% for her height... Amazing to see her growing... she also gained 2 lbs...

I was very nervous about starting Kaitlyn on it. I even posted a question her myself asking for advice but I am really glad we did. It hasn't been nearly as bad as I expected it to be. My 7 year old is jealous that her sister gets the "growing shots"... she wants to trade her daily nasal washes for the "growing shots".... lol

ReneeP