husband w/cf, we want to have child?

anonymous

My husband has cf and we are wanting a child. He of course is not able to naturally get me pregnant so we have been looking into other methods and would like to know of any other couples who have gone through or want to go through in vetro or other procedures. Would love to hear from someone who has been through it or is going to go through it.

anonymous

This site is just up and running this afternoon so if everything isn't working right, please please please let me know!!!

www.cysticfibrosismaleinfertility.com

Julie (wife to Mark 24 w/CF)

gretzky711

To the original poster:

As a CF guy, it's so humiliating to not be able to get a girl pregnant the natural way. It makes you feel like less of a man, so don't even joke about or be sarcastic on the topic with him. I know it's silly, but I'm sure I'm not the only one. Make sure and be really supportive to your hubby and be extra nice!

Dave

anonymous

I have been looking all over the net for info and really wanted to talk to someone in the same situation as we are. ( there aren't too many of us ). I have been with my Husband for 13 yrs. We dated for 12 1/2 yrs and then he finally ask me to marry him so we have been married for about 5 months so I know all about cf since I have been with him through everything he has been through the last 13 yrs. We are both 29 and are ready to have a baby. We just recently got back from getting evaluated for a lung transplant and we were happy to hear that they don't want to put him on the list right now but we have to go back every 3 months for a check up and to reevaluate his health. We figured this would be the best time to try for a baby while his health is somewhat stable. I would love to hear about what measures you took to get pregnant and any info you can give me on the subject.

anonymous

I've got cf, my wife's pregnant. I'm being evaluated for transplant (and have been followed for three years). Happy to talk.

Jason
(310) 795-6005

anonymous

Jason,

I would like to talk to you. It sounds like you might have a lot in common with our situation. My husband isn't too much into talking about his health with others but I think it would be helpful not only the health side but also the experience you have had and are having with having a baby. My line of work requires me to be on the computer alot so if you don't mind, it would be more convenient for me to converse via email rather than phone. My email is hnewman@houston.rr.com I look forward to hearing from you.

Heathor

HollyCatheryn

To all of you currently in this situation, who previously have been or who are anticipating being there in the future (Jason, Heathor and others), there are two websites that deal with these things:Julie's www.cysticfibrosismaleinfertility.comMy www.geocities.com/MurrensNatureMamaI would encourage you to both look around the two websites and to contact us with your stories, whether of successful natural pregnancy, assisted reproductive therapies, adoptions or disappointments in any of these pursuits. These website are here for the express purpose of helping to encourage and educate others like us and we need your input and stories. Your stories and experiences help to show people how many options and choices and possibilities are out there. You give other people with CF hope and comraderie. Please consider sharing your experiences with others through publishing them on one of our websites. You can also encourage others you know who have a story to tell to contact us.