Hyperpulmonary osteoarthropathy????

lilywing

I have been having painful swelling in my calves for the last couple weeks...feels like crazy water retention. I went for a bone scan today...doctor thinks I have Hyperpulmonary Osteoarthropathy??? I am in pain, I am spending the day in bed until I HAVE to get out, my feet get so swollen, I can't fit in shoes, my legs HURT!!!
Does anyone have this? How do you treat it? Does it get better?

PLEASE HELP ME!!!
Kelly

lilywing

I have been having painful swelling in my calves for the last couple weeks...feels like crazy water retention. I went for a bone scan today...doctor thinks I have Hyperpulmonary Osteoarthropathy??? I am in pain, I am spending the day in bed until I HAVE to get out, my feet get so swollen, I can't fit in shoes, my legs HURT!!!

PLEASE HELP ME!!!
Kelly

lilywing

PLEASE HELP ME!!!
Kelly

lilywing

PLEASE HELP ME!!!
Kelly

lilywing

<br />Does anyone have this? How do you treat it? Does it get better?
<br />
<br />PLEASE HELP ME!!!
<br />Kelly

arche4life

Hi Kelly,

I too was just diagnosed with this about 3 weeks ago. They sent me to a rumatologist who made the final diagnosis. He told me then only way to prevent the pain is through antienflamitories like Ibprofen. Unfortunately I can not take these cause they cause me to have hympopthesis. I was told that taking fish oil about 1000ml by capsole helps alot (double check with your doctor of course) I am also going to start accupuncture in about 2 weeks to see if that helps. I'll let you know how that goes!!!

arche4life

Hi Kelly,

I too was just diagnosed with this about 3 weeks ago. They sent me to a rumatologist who made the final diagnosis. He told me then only way to prevent the pain is through antienflamitories like Ibprofen. Unfortunately I can not take these cause they cause me to have hympopthesis. I was told that taking fish oil about 1000ml by capsole helps alot (double check with your doctor of course) I am also going to start accupuncture in about 2 weeks to see if that helps. I'll let you know how that goes!!!

arche4life

Hi Kelly,

arche4life

Hi Kelly,

arche4life

Hi Kelly,
<br />
<br />I too was just diagnosed with this about 3 weeks ago. They sent me to a rumatologist who made the final diagnosis. He told me then only way to prevent the pain is through antienflamitories like Ibprofen. Unfortunately I can not take these cause they cause me to have hympopthesis. I was told that taking fish oil about 1000ml by capsole helps alot (double check with your doctor of course) I am also going to start accupuncture in about 2 weeks to see if that helps. I'll let you know how that goes!!!

lilywing

Hi,
I hate to say it, but I was relieved to hear from somebody, this is making me crazy! Did you have CF arthropathy as a teenager like me, too? Just wondering if there is a connection? Also, do you experience swelling like I do?
How did you get diagnosed? Did you have a bone scan? Do you have pain all day, or is it worse in the morning?

I really hope acupuncture works for you! I, too, cannot take ibuprofen, due to a bleeding disorder called ITP. SUCKS!

lilywing

Hi,
I hate to say it, but I was relieved to hear from somebody, this is making me crazy! Did you have CF arthropathy as a teenager like me, too? Just wondering if there is a connection? Also, do you experience swelling like I do?
How did you get diagnosed? Did you have a bone scan? Do you have pain all day, or is it worse in the morning?

I really hope acupuncture works for you! I, too, cannot take ibuprofen, due to a bleeding disorder called ITP. SUCKS!

lilywing

Hi,

lilywing

Hi,

lilywing

Hi,
<br />I hate to say it, but I was relieved to hear from somebody, this is making me crazy! Did you have CF arthropathy as a teenager like me, too? Just wondering if there is a connection? Also, do you experience swelling like I do?
<br />How did you get diagnosed? Did you have a bone scan? Do you have pain all day, or is it worse in the morning?
<br />
<br />I really hope acupuncture works for you! I, too, cannot take ibuprofen, due to a bleeding disorder called ITP. SUCKS!

mamerth

I can't take ibuprofen or any pain killer for that matter due to bleeding issues and bruising. Try warm, moist heat. I have had joint issues (rash as well) for years. There are days I wish I could spend in bed-- the past two days for example. Swelling-- put your feet up for a while and have someone massage them. Listen to your body and don't push yourself. Try hot showers on shoulders and arms.

Rest, heat and more rest.

mamerth

I can't take ibuprofen or any pain killer for that matter due to bleeding issues and bruising. Try warm, moist heat. I have had joint issues (rash as well) for years. There are days I wish I could spend in bed-- the past two days for example. Swelling-- put your feet up for a while and have someone massage them. Listen to your body and don't push yourself. Try hot showers on shoulders and arms.

mamerth

mamerth

mamerth

<br />
<br />Rest, heat and more rest.