Hypertonic Saline and Tobi

chantelfox

I was just wondering if anyone does their Hypertonic Saline and Tobi in the same nebulizer???? (NOT MIXED) I mean do the saline first, then the TObi when the saline is finished. The docs told me to do the saline in the Pari Neb, but this was when I wasn't planning on doing Tobi anymore. But I just got sick and needed something to keep the infection out of my lungs and so I started Tobi as a last resort until I can find out if I can start Colistin. Thanks for any help! Happy holidays!!

chantelfox

I was just wondering if anyone does their Hypertonic Saline and Tobi in the same nebulizer???? (NOT MIXED) I mean do the saline first, then the TObi when the saline is finished. The docs told me to do the saline in the Pari Neb, but this was when I wasn't planning on doing Tobi anymore. But I just got sick and needed something to keep the infection out of my lungs and so I started Tobi as a last resort until I can find out if I can start Colistin. Thanks for any help! Happy holidays!!

chantelfox

Scarlett81

I don't do any of my meds in the same nebulizer-each one has their own cup. It is my understanding that you are not supposed to use the same neb for any meds. Unless of course-you thoroughly wash/sterilize it after each use but that would be tedious I'd think.

Scarlett81

I don't do any of my meds in the same nebulizer-each one has their own cup. It is my understanding that you are not supposed to use the same neb for any meds. Unless of course-you thoroughly wash/sterilize it after each use but that would be tedious I'd think.

Scarlett81

Alyssa

In a perfect world, each neb cup should be used once then washed with soap and water. Sterilized once a week using the method of choice (boiling, alcohol, hydrogen perioxide or bleach water) I know many people do not follow this, but I do believe that is the ideal situation.

My daughter has several side stream neb cups for pulmozyme and several Pari LC for saline. We always wash everything after each use, but since she has so many of them we can usually do that only on the weekends. If we get time we boil them, doesn't always happen but the washing definitely does.

If you want to check out my blog page, there are detailed instructions from the CFF about sanitizing choices.

Alyssa

In a perfect world, each neb cup should be used once then washed with soap and water. Sterilized once a week using the method of choice (boiling, alcohol, hydrogen perioxide or bleach water) I know many people do not follow this, but I do believe that is the ideal situation.

My daughter has several side stream neb cups for pulmozyme and several Pari LC for saline. We always wash everything after each use, but since she has so many of them we can usually do that only on the weekends. If we get time we boil them, doesn't always happen but the washing definitely does.

If you want to check out my blog page, there are detailed instructions from the CFF about sanitizing choices.

Alyssa

JazzysMom

I have done all my meds in one cup. Yes I know that is a no no, but its that or it didnt get done. I wash mine cups every night with soap/water. I dont sterilize on a regular basis. Does this reinfect me? Probably, but that is ME.......recommended no.....happens yes!

JazzysMom

I have done all my meds in one cup. Yes I know that is a no no, but its that or it didnt get done. I wash mine cups every night with soap/water. I dont sterilize on a regular basis. Does this reinfect me? Probably, but that is ME.......recommended no.....happens yes!

JazzysMom

CaliSally

I have no idea about Tobi, but this is what my team has told me:
You can use the same neb for your dialator, pulmo and hypertonic saline - just make sure one is finished before adding the next med.
I know most would advise against this, but I've been told it's ok. (just don't mix them, of course.)
Then, it's ok to use a neb a few times a day, just rinse inbetween uses, BUT, steralize once a day.

So, I use one neb in the morning for dialator, pulmo and saline, then rinse it out and use it at my pm treatment, then rinse out and set aside for sterilization.

Currently, I steralize by boiling in water for 5 minutes, but DON"T walk away - I nearly had a fire, and two completly melted nebs!!! Then, dry each piece with a paper towel.

CaliSally

I have no idea about Tobi, but this is what my team has told me:
You can use the same neb for your dialator, pulmo and hypertonic saline - just make sure one is finished before adding the next med.
I know most would advise against this, but I've been told it's ok. (just don't mix them, of course.)
Then, it's ok to use a neb a few times a day, just rinse inbetween uses, BUT, steralize once a day.

So, I use one neb in the morning for dialator, pulmo and saline, then rinse it out and use it at my pm treatment, then rinse out and set aside for sterilization.

Currently, I steralize by boiling in water for 5 minutes, but DON"T walk away - I nearly had a fire, and two completly melted nebs!!! Then, dry each piece with a paper towel.