Hypertonic Saline strength

A

Aspiemom

I asked my Adult CF nurse today if they could get me a lower dose of HTS. I've been on 7% and barely tolerating it and I've seen on this site that many of you are on lower and recommended that. She said there isn't any 3 or 5%, that the patients must be self-prescribing and mixing. Is that what you are doing? Or does your dr. know something mine doesn't know?

A

Aspiemom

I asked my Adult CF nurse today if they could get me a lower dose of HTS. I've been on 7% and barely tolerating it and I've seen on this site that many of you are on lower and recommended that. She said there isn't any 3 or 5%, that the patients must be self-prescribing and mixing. Is that what you are doing? Or does your dr. know something mine doesn't know?

A

Aspiemom

A

Aspiemom

A

Aspiemom

T

TonyaH

We use 3%, premixed, sent in indidual vials of 15 ml. Andrew only nebs 5 ml twice a day, so we end up pitching 10 ml of each vial. Our pharmacy is express scripts...(not a great pharmacy, but we are stuck with them for all of our maintenance meds), and the manufacturer is DEY.

T

TonyaH

We use 3%, premixed, sent in indidual vials of 15 ml. Andrew only nebs 5 ml twice a day, so we end up pitching 10 ml of each vial. Our pharmacy is express scripts...(not a great pharmacy, but we are stuck with them for all of our maintenance meds), and the manufacturer is DEY.

T

TonyaH

T

TonyaH

T

TonyaH

Emily65Roses

Your nurse is full of sh*t. Pardon my French. But I get 3% from Foundation Care. It comes in 3% ampules, and I don't do any mixing of any kind. I just put it in the neb, and go to town.

Emily65Roses

Your nurse is full of sh*t. Pardon my French. But I get 3% from Foundation Care. It comes in 3% ampules, and I don't do any mixing of any kind. I just put it in the neb, and go to town.

Emily65Roses

Emily65Roses

Emily65Roses

miesl

Fairview sends it off to be compounded at a special pharmacy. We've gotten 5% and 7% - we could get whatever % we wanted this way.

miesl

Fairview sends it off to be compounded at a special pharmacy. We've gotten 5% and 7% - we could get whatever % we wanted this way.

miesl

miesl

miesl